OverviewVisit the towns of Silves and Caldas de Monchique on a 5-hour tour, and discover Moorish history, elegant architecture and stunning Algarve scenery! With a friendly local guide at your side, explore the town of Silves and visit its star attraction, the impressive Silves Castle. After admiring the fortress, enjoy free time in the nearby spa town of Caldas de Monchique plus a walking tour that includes a sample of the local bread and chorizo. Finally, ogle the views from Fia, the tallest mountain in the Algarve.
- Led by a local guide
- Hotel pickup included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourStart your excursion with a hotel pickup, and then travel north to the ancient town of Silves, your first stop of the day. Home to a magnificent Moorish castle surrounded by terracotta-roofed houses, the town has history and pretty scenery in equal measures. Set out to see its sights on a walking tour and learn all about the town’s history from your guide.
With its lofty hill-top location, the town was a strategically important stronghold for the Moors after their invasion in the 8th century. Wealth flowed into Silves during its Moorish Middle Age heyday only to be wiped out after a century of power struggles and a devastating earthquake. Much of today’s stately architecture originates from the 19th century when Silves came back into prominence.
Admire the architecture and sights such as Silves Cathedral as you wander through the streets that lead to Silves Castle. Pay your entrance fee direct, and then head inside the impressive fortress to explore. Restored in the 1940s, the castle is thought to date as far back as the 11th century and features such as its central vaults have been beautifully preserved. Admire views over the town and the Algarve from the castle walls, and then return to your coach with your guide.
Travel north to Caldas de Monchique, a spa town with candy-colored houses surrounded by densely forested hills. Enjoy some free time to explore independently and perhaps shop for local handicrafts to take home. Then, meet back up with your guide to see the town’s pretty church and sample some of the local pão com chouriço (bread with chorizo) while admiring the views.
Before leaving the area, stop to admire the views from Fóia, the 2,959-foot (902-meter) mountain that towers over the whole Algarve. Soak up the vistas, and then return to your coach for the journey back to your Algarve hotel.
Inclusions for Silves And Caldas De Monchique Day Trip From The Algarve
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
Exclusions for Silves And Caldas De Monchique Day Trip From The Algarve
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fee to Silves Castle
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Bangkok Hotel To Koh Chang Hotel SIC
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport To Pattaya Hotel
- Chiang Mai - Half Day Mae Sa Elephants At Work!
- Dream World & Snow Town With Lunch SIC
- Jim Thompson House Private Tour
- Chao Phraya Princess Cruise With Dinner
- Angthong National Marine Park By Big Boat
- Van On Disposal Within Bangkok Area
- Airport Diamond Marhaba Service - Dubai
- Phuket Fantasea Show