- Pick up from Colombo hotel and transfer to Sinharaja Rain Forest Approximately 4 hours driveEnsure that you bring a packed breakfast with you if you are unable to have your meal at the hotel.
- Take part in a trekking trip of 5 hours (7 AM to 1 PM) covering the most important areas of Sinharaja Rain Forest to see Birds such as Jungle Fowl, Brown Capped Babbler, Spot Wing Thrush, Skaly Thrush and Malabar Trogon and many other birds, Butterflies and endemic plants. Sinharaja is a biodiversity hotspot in Sri Lanka. It is of international significance and has been designated a Biosphere Reserve and World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
- You can have your lunch once you come out of jungle or ask our driver to organise you a picnic meal so you can enjoy the meals during the picnic.
- Afternoon village trek bordering Sinharaja Rain Forest from 3.30 Pm to 6 PM to see different types of birds such as Layards Parakeet, Hanging Parakeet, Sri Lankan Mynah, Yellow fronted Barbet and White Face Starling.
- Later that evening you will be finishing the tour at 1800 hrs and returning to your hotel in Colombo.(Travel timeapproximately 04 Hours) En-route you may stop at restaurant for the dinner(At your own cost).
- After dinner you would transfer to the hotel in Colombo.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 15 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure 05.00 AM -06.00 AM Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time
Departure Details :
Hotel pickup and drop-off by an air conditioned vehicle in Colombo
Return Details :
Return to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Sinnharaja Forest Reserve is a national park and a biodiversity hotspot in Sri Lanka. It is of international significance and has been designated a Biosphere Reserve and World Heritage Site by UNESCO.The trip starts at 5 am from Colombo and will take 3 hours to reach the entrance of Sinharaja Rain Forest. You can decide on how far you are going to walk inside the jungle depending on your capacity.Tour Highlight:Sinharaja Rain Forest and it's Fauna and Flora.
Know More about this tour
- Private vehicle Air Conditioned vehicle with English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Fuel and Local assurance for the vehicle included
- Jeep to visit Sinharaja rain forest is included (Up to Entrance)
- All parking and highway charge where applicable
- Entry fees for the Sinharaja rain forest.
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- The Chauffeur will look after his meals by himself.
- The personal spending (Tips, Laundry, Mini Bar, Telephone, Internet, Fax etc).
- Medical Expenses, Insurance, International Flights and Accommodation
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks
- Meals and drinks, unless specified
- Souvenir photos
- Any other services not specified above
- Expenses of the excursions and sight seen not mentioned above
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking, however, Infant meals not included
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Minimum age is 10 Years.
A significant amount of walking is involved
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions & pregnant women
Not wheelchair accessible
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
Each traveller is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable