OverviewThere's no better way to discover this unique fairy-tale villa of Sintra than to wander through it with the help of our friendly local tour guide. Get ready to be amazed by epic history, and beautiful nature during this full-day private tour of Sintra, and Cascais where we will share with you the top attractions and hidden secrets in these two must-see towns near Lisbon. Perfect for couples, families or a group of friends.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Ideal choice for families
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tour
There are two options for the beginning of your tour Hotel pickup can be arranged or meet at Sintra train station (40 min train ride from Lisbon).
Drive along theMarginal Avenue, a winding waterfront road with sweeping views of the Tagus River and the Atlantic Ocean. You will see beautiful views, white sandy beaches, fishing vessels, ancient fortresses and old mansions. Passing by Estoril, you will see the largest casino in Europe.
AtCascais, take your time to walk around the scenic fishing village and a former vacation destination for the Portuguese Royal family. Bask in the narrow alleys and see the traditional Portuguese white houses, the stunning beaches and relaxing shores.
Get sweeping ocean views from Cabo da Roca, the most western point of europe . This place, where the land ends and sea begins, mastering the turbulent waters up to 140m high crushing loudly against the rocks offers a beautiful view of the wild coastline. Get your cameras ready because Cabo da Roca is a real-life postcard!
Sintra is a magical, mountainous villa whereall monuments have a magestic architecture full of stories and unraveling mysteries, stunning Gardens, centenary trees and ancient castles await you! But first, you will go through the historic center where you will see the traditional Portuguese narrow streets and take pictures of the mesmerizing medieval National Sintra palace and its iconic chimneys.
Quinta da Regaleira, one of the most romantic places on planet Earth. The property has 4 hectares of luxurious gardens, an impotent palace with surrounding towers, a Chapple , enigmatic grottoes and countless mysteries and secrets for you to discover.
Pass through theSeteais Palace, and show you this neoclassical palace which is now a luxury hotel, restaurant and a tourist attraction included in the Cultural Landscape of Sintra, listed as World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Many famous personalities such as Agatha Christie, Harrison Ford, Brat Pitt or Johnny Deep have stayed at this fantastic place.
Pena Palace, a extravagant palace built on top of the mountain at 500m of Altitude dominats the whole of the coastline and is truly an imagen taken from a fairy-tale. This bulding is a mixture of Moorish and Manueline, architecture and is definitely a most see in Sintra!
At the end of our day of guaranteed adventures you'll be dropped off back at the place initially met. Oh but before you return have a taste and experience one of the most delicioustraditional pastries of Sintra...
Inclusions for Sintra And Cascais Group Tour
- Local guide
- Traditional food and wine tasting
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Small-group tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Sintra And Cascais Group Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Will be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A maximum of 8 people per booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.