Sintra And Cascais Small Group Tour From Lisbon
OverviewExplore the Portuguese countryside on a full-day tour from Lisbon. Admire the romantic architecture in Sintra, visit the beach at the westernmost point of continental Europe (Cape Roca), make a stop in one of the most picturesque small seaside towns (Azenhas do Mar), try the famous travesseiros (pillows) and the Sintra cheesecakes and stroll the streets of Cascais. Small-group tour is limited to a maximum of 8 persons for a relaxed experience and easy pace.
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- Family friendly
Know More about this tourDeparting from Lisbon, head toward the rippling and dewy Sintra. Start the day with a visit to the amazing Pena Palace. The palace's history started in the Middle Ages when a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Pena was built on the top of the hill above Sintra. The current palace dates back to 1839, when King Ferdinand II bought the ruins of the Hieronymite Monastery of Our Lady of Pena and started to adapt it for use as a residence according to his romantic taste. Today, the palace constitutes one of the major expressions of 19th-century romanticism in the world.
Next, you will be ready to explore Sintra, a UNESCO world heritage site since 1995. You will have some free time to explore the village that the Greeks named the "Mountain of the Moon," a true fairy tale village that is also full of Muslim influences. Here, you will have free-time for lunch. Also, you will have the opportunity to enjoy some famous travesseiros (pillows), which are light puff pastries that are turned, rolled and folded seven times, then filled with delicious almond-and-egg-yolk cream and lightly dusted with sugar. You can also enjoy the famous Sintra cheesecakes, whose origins date back to the 13th century.
Next, it is time to cross the mystic mountain of Sintra towards the Atlantic Ocean. Along the way you will have the opportunity to see the quaint Colares village and to learn more about local wines dating to the 13th century. Youll also see Praia das Mas, a small and popular local beach. Upon reaching the coast, you'll make a stop in one of the most picturesque seaside towns, Azenhas do Mar, which has a stunning view overlooking the Atlantic Ocean.
It is now time to leave the beautiful and magical Sintra Mountain and head in the direction of Cascais. At midpoint, you'll make a stop at the wild Cabo da Roca, a sheer 150m (500ft) cliff that forms the most western point of continental Europe. Afterwards, visit Cascais, a former fishing village that gained fame as a resort for Portugal's royal family in the late 19th century and early 20th centuries. Nowadays, it is a popular vacation spot for both Portuguese and foreign tourists, as well as a village with small museums, picturesque gardens, a shiny marina and a pedestrianized old town.
During your stay here, you'll get to try the most famous ice cream of Portugal, Santinis Gelati, which you may then consider the best ice cream in the world. It is truly a gift from the gods. Santinis has been tantalizing Portuguese tongues since 1949.
Inclusions for Sintra And Cascais Small Group Tour From Lisbon
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Sintra And Cascais Small Group Tour From Lisbon
- Entrance fees(Pena Palace: winter, 11.5 per person; summer, 13 per person)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pick-up
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
The tour will be only in English
Pena Palace entrance fee: winter, 11.5 per person; summer, 13 per person
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Sintra Royal Palaces Day Trip from Lisbon: Queluz Palace, Pena Palace and Pena Park
- vora Day Trip from Lisbon
- Small-Group Tour: Knights Templar Historical Tour from Lisbon
- bidos Nazar and Ftima from Lisbon with Drop-off in Porto
- Ftima Interactive Self-Guided Tour from Lisbon
- April 25th Bridge and Christ the King Bus Tour from Lisbon