Sintra Day Trip From Lisbon
OverviewImmerse yourself in the beauty of the mountainous region of Sintra on this day trip from Lisbon. With your guide, visit the fairy-tale Pena Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Upgrade to enjoy a traditional Portuguese lunch in Sintra and have free time to explore the village or visit Sintra National Palace. Hop on a tramcar to Colares and wander around this beautiful village with your guide. Take in views of the Atlantic Ocean on the drive along the picturesque Estoril Coast, see the fishing port of Cascais Bay, and watch the waves breaking at the cliff at Hells Mouth (Boca do Inferno) and Guincho Beach. Admire the lush Portuguese countryside on the drive back to Lisbon.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourLeave Lisbon and relax in a comfortable coach as you head to Pena Palace (Palcio Nacional da Pena). Visit the Romantic-era fairy tale-style castle, located almost 500 yards (500 meters) above sea level. As you explore the opulent chambers and ornate courtyards of the UNESCO-listed wonder, hear anecdotes about Portuguese royalty from your guide.
Continue to Sintra village and have lunch at a local restaurant (if option selected). Then, enjoy free time to explore the village at your own pace: admirecolorful houses and cobbled streets, visit the Sintra National Palace, or simply relax in a verdant park
Then, return to your coach and admire views of the Portuguese countryside as you travel toCabo da Roca: Europe's westernmost point. Alternatively, take a scenic tram journey to tCascais Bay, depending on the time of year. Gaze at the crashing waves of the Atlantic Ocean before returning to your coach and travelling toHell's Mouth cliff (Boca do Inferno) a dramatic collection of caves carved by the vigorous waves of the Atlantic.
Resume the drive along the picturesque Estoril Coast and enjoy a panoramic views of the Casino Estoril, one of Europe's biggest casinos, believed to be where Ian Fleming (the author of the James Bond series) developed the idea for Casino Royale.
After your tour, admire the beautiful green colors of the Portuguese countryside on your way back to your Lisbon hotel.
Inclusions for Sintra Day Trip From Lisbon
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
Exclusions for Sintra Day Trip From Lisbon
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
There is no bathroom on board the bus
Pena Palace might be closed on specific days of the year; alternatively, you will enjoy a visit to the Queluz Palace
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.