Siracusa - Catania
OverviewThe Siracusa Tour starts with a visit to the Neapolis Archaeological Park, a natural area rich with archaeological remains belonging to several epochs in the history of Syracuse, such as the Greek Theatre, the Ear of Dionysius and the Roman Amphitheatre.
Know More about this tour
After visiting the Greek Theatre, we will have lunch with local products and visit the typical market, full of spice stalls, dried and fresh fruit, tomatoes cherry, vegetables, cheese and fish, almond sweets and chocolate of Modica.
After the lunch, we continues with a visit of the island of Ortigia, Syracuses historic center, which since 2005 has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site for its unique charm due to the presence of the remains of ancient Greek temples, the Maniace Castle, the baroque churches, noble palaces and the amazing Cathedral overlooking the main square.
During a long walk through the alleys of Ortigia, we will admire the famous painting by Caravaggio entitled Burial of Saint Lucia dedicated to the patron saint of the city and we will stop at a company that works on papyrus plant whose existence in this area of the Sicily dates back to the times of the Greeks.
The tour continues with the discovery of underground Ortigia. We will visit an ancient medieval public wash and, exploring the Giudecca of Ortigia, we go down in the basement of the neighbourhood to observe a crypt built in 1700, an air raid shelter used during the Second World War, and one of the extant Jewish baths, employed between the fourteenth and the fifteenth century, for the rites of purification of women of the Jewish community.
Inclusions for Siracusa
- On the Siracusa excursions is included the transfer from and to you hotel or B&B. Also a Multilanguage guide, which explain you the history from Siracusa and answer every questions. Also included is a typical Sicilian lunch.
Exclusions for Siracusa
- Gratuities (recommended)
- The Ticket for the Greek Theatre
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.