OverviewSiracusa small group food and wine tour: taste a cooked fresh fish, typical sicilian appetizers, homemade Sicilian pastries, fragrant Siracusa wine and liquors.
- Small-group tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Dinner included
Know More about this tourMeet at the Aretusa Fountain at 6:30pm to start a flavorful evening of gastronomic and cultural discoveries with a passionate local guide.
Walking and sharing with you all the secrets of ancient Syracuse, your guide will bring you to an authentic family tavern hidden in the little streets of Ortigia. Keeping primitive charm, they are always attractive with their hospitality, traditional way of cooking, and warm family atmosphere - which unfortunately can be lost in most tourist restaurants.
This tour perfectly combines a wine and culinary experience with a sightseeing walk through the most breathtaking monuments of the old city. Piazza San Rocco, Piazza Duomo, Santa Lucia Church (with a Caravaggio painting), Piazza San Giuseppe, the Jewish district, Piazza Archimede, and a lot of other treasures will capture your attention.
While walking through the town at dusk, you will stop in three different places where tables await you. From traditionally cooked fresh fish and typical Sicilian appetizers to unrepeatable homemade Sicilian pastries accompanied by fragrant local wines and liquors – you will be introduced to the real taste of old Syracuse. See the 'Itinerary' section for more details on each stop.
Just follow your expert guide through the town and eat and drink as a local. This is a filling and amazing culinary experience. You won’t need to eat before or after the tour.
Inclusions for Siracusa Food And Wine Tour
- Local taxes
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Light refreshments
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Siracusa Food And Wine Tour
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Itinerary:First venue: seafood and white wine tasting
Sicilian breaded fresh fish of the day
Mussels soup in a Sicilian Style
Tuna in sweet-sour onion sauce
Little fresh fish fried in olive oil
Sicilian white wine Grillo IGP Sicilia
Second venue: land food & red wine tasting
Bruschetta (hot crunchy Sicilian bread) with Sicilian caponata
Classic bruschetta with dried tomatoes and basil
Typical local focaccia filled in with broccoli
Syracuse cheeses and cured meats
Homemade cannolo with ricotta cheese
2 typical Sicilian red wines (Nero D’avola & Syrah)
Third venue: pastries & liquors tasting
Santa Lucia pastry typical from Siracusa
Almond pastry, pistacchio pastry
Limoncello, Sicilian sweet passito wine, and almond wine
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.