Sitio Roberto Burle Marx Private Tour - Rio De Janeiro
OverviewEnjoy a private guided tour of Roberto Burle Marx home and gardens. This artist and designer became interested in plants and gardens when he was very young, but his first public commission was in 1935 in Recife. In 1949 he bought a house, called Sitio Roberto Burle Marx, located 30 miles (50 km) southwest of Rio de janeiro and he used it to propagate promising plants he found during expeditions to the forests and savannahs. You will tour this place with your knowledgeable guide.
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with hotel or port pickup in Rio de Janeiro as you meet your guide and drive to Sito Roberto Burle Marx, which is located 30 miles southeast of the city. Here, you will enjoy a wonderful tour of its gardens and home.
Roberto Burle Marx had an avant-garde and modern style and his designs were inspired by cubism and abstractionism, with a distinctly Brazilian style. You will get to see the landscapes at this house and his collection of folk and other types of art. You will also admire his aesthetics which were mostly nature based. Walk around the gardens and see the old trees and plants as well as the architecture.
Learn from your guide about Burle Marx's thought process behind his designs and garden. He was mindful of the dynamic of walking through a garden and the sensation of mobility was an important element of experiencing his landscapes. You will see the artist's collection of plants which contains local flora and exotic plants. Enjoy the peacefulness of the place and feel his presence on this great tour.
After your tour, you will be taken back to your hotel/port.
Inclusions for Sitio Roberto Burle Marx Private Tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for Sitio Roberto Burle Marx Private Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A small amount of walking is involved
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
You Might Also Like
- Visit the Tijuca Forest world's largest urban forest in Rio de Janeiro!
- Supersaver Combo Angra dos Rei plus Bzios Tour and Schooner Cruise
- Enjoy a Variety of Seafood & Grilled Meat in the Best Churrascaria Rio de Janeiro
- Rio de Janeiro Full Day Tropical Islands Tour Cruise including Breakfast & Lunch
- Minibus Private Transfer from GIG Galeao Airport to Rio de janeiro
- Minibus Private Transfer from Rio de janeiro to GIG Galeao International Airport
- Minibus Private Transfer from GIG Galeao Airport to Cruise Port (Pier Maua)
- Minibus Private Transfer from Rio Cruise Port to GIG International Airport