Sitka Sea Kayaking Adventure
OverviewWhile in Sitka, explore the area's natural beauty and abundant wildlife from the water! This 3-hour tour includes a sightseeing cruise out to a floating base camp, followed by 1.5 hours of kayaking through the magnificent waters of the Gulf of Alaska. During your tour, your professional guide will point out the native wildlife that Sitka is famous for, including bald eagles and harbor seals. From the water, you may even spot land mammals, including black-tailed deer and brown bears!
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- All necessary equipment included
- Family friendly
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourExperience Alaska’s awe-inspiring beauty on this kayaking tour from Sitka. On this unforgettable wilderness adventure, meet your group at the Sitka downtown dock and suit up in quality rain gear and life jackets. Then, climb aboard a custom-built vessel for an exciting sightseeing tour on the Gulf of Alaska. Your captain will scan the sea for wildlife, including whales, and identify points of interest along the way.
Head to the floating base camp, where you’ll receive a safety instruction from your knowledgeable guide on how to use the two-person kayaks. These stable yet maneuverable crafts let you enjoy the natural beauty of the protected bays and inlets near Sitka. Groups will be led by an experienced guide, who will show you expert paddling techniques. Enjoy a 1.5-hour kayaking trip around the area and learn about the surrounding marine environment. Spot colorful marine life, see an eagle swooping from the tree tops and admire the grandeur of the lush rainforest. You may even see brown bears, harbor seals or black-tailed deer! No prior kayaking experience is required and all ages are welcome.
After kayaking, refuel with a hearty warm snack consisting of clam chowder, crackers and hot apple cider.
Inclusions for Sitka Sea Kayaking Adventure
- 3-hour kayaking tour from Sitka
- All necessary equipment, raingear, lifejacket
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Sitka Sea Kayaking Adventure
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
No prior experience necessary, just good health and an adventurous spirit!
Children must weigh at least 40 lbs (18 kg) in order to fit into required life jacket
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult
Children 13-17 must have a signed parental consent form to participate in the absence of a parent or guardian
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.