Skagway Shore Excursion: Chilkoot Trail Hike And Float Tour
OverviewThe Chilkoot Hike and Float Tour is a great family-oriented hiking adventure along the world famous Chilkoot Trail. This wilderness hike takes place in the heart of the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park and is Skagway's most affordable hiking and rafting adventure tour.When your cruise ship docks, depart Skagway for a 10-mile (16 km) van tour along the coastline to the Chilkoot Trail trailhead and then enjoy 1.5 to 2 hours of hiking and 45 minutes on the raft. Have your camera ready for occasional wildlife sightings both on land and in the water.
- See native wildlife in their natural environment
- Led by a local guide
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
This guided 2.0-mile (3.2-km) hike on the world-famous Chilkoot Trail runs through spectacular temperate rainforest. Its a moderate hike and is fairly steep over uneven terrain for the first half mile (0.8 km), going uphill for about 300 feet elevation (92 meters) and then back downhill the same elevation and distance, with the remaining mile on level ground for the last mile.
Your naturalist guide will point out wildlife and native plants and tell stories of Skagway and the Klondike Gold Rush. Retrace the footsteps of stampeding prospectors who bypassed Skagway's White Pass Trail, to hike the Chilkoot Trail in order to reach the headwaters of the Yukon River. The Chilkoot Trail was the most direct route leading from the Skagway/Dyea area to the Klondike Gold Fields around Dawson City in the Yukon.
At the end of the hike, you will board an eight-eleven man rubber raft with your guide for a peaceful river float through the Klondike Gold Rush National Historical Park on the Taiya River, which runs parallel to the historic Chilkoot Trail. As you continue floating down the Taiya River, you will see little evidence of human civilization. However, you may see or hear the signs of a wide variety of wildlife, including bears, otters, salmon and eagles, all of which make their homes in the Taiya River Valley.
After your Taiya River float, you will be treated to a riverbank snack before ending your adventure back in Skagway and boarding your cruise ship.
Worry-free Shore Excursion: We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Skagway for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Skagway Shore Excursion: Chilkoot Trail Hike And Float Tour
- Chilkoot trail hike and float tour
- Professional guide
- Port pickup and drop off
Exclusions for Skagway Shore Excursion: Chilkoot Trail Hike And Float Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please see voucher for details regarding your departure point
Please note: this is an active tour, so it is recommended to be in good physical condition and wear sturdy walking shoes with good traction
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Maximum per raft/group is 11
Minimum age is 5
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skagway Yukoner Half-Day Journey
- Half-Day ATV Shore Excursion With Glacier from Skagway
- City and Mountain Summit Shore Excursion in Skagway
- Half-Day Yukon Sightseeing Shore Excursion from Skagway
- Skagway Shore Excursion: Yukon Dog Sledding and Sightseeing Tour
- DIY Jeep Tour
- Sled Dog Adventure and Pan for Gold in the Yukon
- Private Tour of Skagway