Skagway Shore Excursion: Scenic River Float Tour
OverviewCombine sightseeing and river rafting on this relaxing Skagway shore excursion. Enjoy a beautiful 10-mile (16-km) drive along the coast to the Dyea Valley, an old Gold Rush settlement rich with history. On the drive, you may spot seals, eagles and other wildlife. See the start of the famous Chilkoot Trail, where thousands journeyed in pursuit of gold in 1898.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Family friendly
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourAs you float down the gentle Taiya River, your naturalist guide will point out native wildlife. Sightings of bald eagles are common and you may even spot bears at certain times of year. You'll learn about Skagway's extraordinary history while enjoying the gorgeous river and spectacular mountain views. After the 45-minute float, you'll relish in a riverside snack with your fellow travelers.
If time permits, you'll stop at an overlook to get a panoramic view of Skagway before heading back to your cruise ship. This scenic river float is suitable for all ages and skill levels, so bring the whole family along on the inflatable raft while you gaze at picturesque mountain ranges and forests.
Worry-free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return back to the ship in Skagway for this activity. If your ship is delayed and you are unable attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Skagway Shore Excursion: Scenic River Float Tour
- River float tour
- Professional guide
- All necessary equipment
- Port pickup and drop off
Exclusions for Skagway Shore Excursion: Scenic River Float Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Please see voucher for details regarding your departure point
The Scenic River Float is suitable for most ages/ skill levels.
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Maximum per raft/group is 11
Minimum age is 2
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- White Pass Summit and Yukon Suspension Bridge Tour
- Skagway Yukoner Half-Day Journey
- Half-Day ATV Shore Excursion With Glacier from Skagway
- City and Mountain Summit Shore Excursion in Skagway
- Half-Day Yukon Sightseeing Shore Excursion from Skagway
- Skagway Shore Excursion: Yukon Dog Sledding and Sightseeing Tour
- DIY Jeep Tour
- Sled Dog Adventure and Pan for Gold in the Yukon