Skip The Line 2 Hours Pompeii Walking Tour
OverviewPompeii is like a labyrinth and it’s very easy to get lost even with a map.So if you are planning to visit the ruins, the best way is to join our Walking Tour with an official tour guide.Our aim is to let you visit in 2 hours the main highlights of this massive archeological site without having to disburse the entire rate of a guide. Highlights: the Forum, the baths, the temples of Apollo, Jupiter and Isis, the Lupanare (brothel), the frescoes and mosaics, the bakeries and of course the body casts.
- Chance to explore the well-preserved ruins of Pompeii
- Enormous archaeological site with sculptures, art & mosaics
- Opportunity to learn how the eruption destroyed the city
- Knowledgeable guide reveals the history behind the eruption
- Views of Mount Vesuvius found throughout the site
Know More about this tour
The sudden eruption of Vesuvius on August 24,79 AD, buried Pompeii under ash and lapilli, creating what was rediscovered at the end of the 16th century but explorations only began in 1748, under the King of naples, Charles III of Bourbon, and continued systematically throughout the 19th century, right up to the most recent excavations, restorations and enhancement of the city and its exptional heritage of architecture, sculptures, paintings and mosaics. The archeological site of Pompeii spreads over hectares (165 acres), 49 of which have already been excavated. Your guide will describe you the roman city and you'll go inside the most important buidings so you could see and uderstand how roman citizen lived, loved, worked and played.
Among the highlights of the site are:the Porta Marina (Sea Gate), one of the city’s original entrances, Forum, (Main Square), Santuary of Venus and surrounding temples, House of the Menander, House of the Faun, Central Bath, Lupanare.
Inclusions for Skip The Line 2 Hours Pompeii Walking Tour
- Guided tour of the Pompeii archaelogical site
- Live tour commentary provided in English
Exclusions for Skip The Line 2 Hours Pompeii Walking Tour
- Admission to Pompeii archaeological site
- Meals and beverages
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.