OverviewThe perfect combination tour for history buffs, including a visit to the Acropolis and all its famous monuments, as well as to the fascinating Ancient Agora and its museum!
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Skip the line
Know More about this tourVisit the Acropolis, the landmark of Greece! You will enter the Acropolis from the south slope so as to avoid the crowds and also to visit the Dionysus sanctuary and Dionysus Theatre built in the 5th century BC. As you begin to ascend the sacred hill a breathtaking view of the city below will unfold. Your guide will give you a detailed explanation of the glorious monuments of the Acropolis such as, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion, the Propylaia, the Nike Temple, the Agrippa Monument and the surrounding monuments such as the Odeon of Herodes Atticus, the Observatory as well as the Philopappos, Mars Hill, and Pnyx Hill.
You will then enjoy some free time for exploring and picture taking at the Acropolis will be provided after your Acropolis tour. For the guided tour of the Agora you will meet your tour guide at about 13:45 in front of the Acropolis canteen, which is located exactly opposite the main exit. You will also be advised by your tour guide. Before the Agora tour starts, you can grab a snack or a drink from the canteen as the tour schedule does not include time for a leisure lunch. You will then meet with your tour guide and continue your tour to the Ancient Agora.
The Ancient Agora - the heart of the Ancient City! After your Acropolis tour you will have a short break to get a snack or beverage, as the tour schedule does not include time for a leisure lunch. You will then walk down to the Ancient Agora which was the commercial, political, and financial center of Ancient Athens. The walk through the monuments will offer you the sense of traveling back in time. You will visit the Hephaestus Temple - the best preserved Greek Temple from the 5th century BC, and you will see the wonderful church of the 12 Apostles, the Temple of Apollo Patroos, the Stoa of Zeus, the Altar of Zeus, and with your knowledgeable and professional guide the ancient stones will come alive.
The Ancient Agora is the place where Socrates, Plato and many world renowned philosophers walked and taught. Your licensed guide will then take you to the Attalos Museum which is worthwhile visiting as it houses artifacts of great historical value such as the IDs of the ancient Greeks, and the original measures and weights for the Market inspectors. The tour ends at the Ancient Agora at about 3pm.
Inclusions for Skip The Line: Acropolis Ancient Agora And Attalos Museum Small Group Tour
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Skip The Line: Acropolis Ancient Agora And Attalos Museum Small Group Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.