"Leave the crowds behind and head straight inside the Colosseum with your skip-the-line entrance ticket! In a group of no more than 25 people. On this Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day walking tour in rome, explore the first and second tiers of this A-list attraction with a guide. On this walking tour of Ancient Rome learn about the gladiators who competed in the Colosseum’s gory gladiatorial games. Finish visit with the Roman Forum in Ancient Rome tour and admire incredible ruins, like the Temple of Julius Caesar then walked up to Pallatine Hill
If you want to see the Colosseum Underground Chambers, Arena and Upper Tier, then upgrade! – These areas that are either newly opened or normally off-limits."
- 3 hours Ancient Rome And Colosseum Walking Tour in Rome
- Skip the line at Colosseum
- Learn about the gladiators who competed in the Colosseum’s gory gladiatorial games
- Explore the Roman Forum, Temple of Julius Caesar and House of the Vestal Virgins
- Upgrade and enjoy access to the Colosseum arena floor, the underground chambers and the third tier
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour of Ancient Rome
- Led by a local guide
- All entrance fees included
- Great overview and orientation of the Rome city
Know More about this tourStart your tour near Oppian Hill one of the famous Seven Hills of Rome -- to enjoy panoramic views of the Colosseum, and then stroll down to it with your guide. As Romes premier crowd-drawing site, the Colosseum regularly attracts long entrance lines. Skip them with your priority-access ticket and head straight inside for your small-group tour.
As you walk around the Colosseums first and second tiers, your guide will keep you entertained with tales of gladiators, mock sea-battles and executions -- a fascinating insight into the amphitheater's gruesome past. Wander its circumference and learn what it must have been like when the crowds were roaring and the gladiators fate was decided by an emperor on a whim.
After exploring the Colosseum, head outside and walk the short distance to the Roman Forum for an up-close look at some of Ancient Romes most evocative ruins. See sites like the Temple of Julius Caesar and the intriguing House of the Vestal Virgins, before strolling up Palatine Hill to admire the views of the ruins below. Look down over Neros Circus Maximus, where chariot races were once held, and then finish your tour on the Palatine Hill the most famous of the Seven Hills of Rome.
If you want to explore the Colosseum, and enjoy access to the arena floor, the underground chambers and the third tier, then upgrade! These areas are either newly opened or normally off limits, so by upgrading youll experience the Colosseum as few others do. The Upgrade option last 3.5hours.
Walk around the reconstructed arena floor, where the gladiators once fought, and peer down in to the underground chambers below. Then, head below ground to explore them yourself, seeing the pits where lions and tigers were once caged. Your Colosseum experience finishes with a stroll around the third tier where you can enjoy panoramic views into the Colosseum as well as out onto Palatine Hill. Your tour finishes with a visit to the Roman Forum as per the standard tour option.
Inclusions for Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum
- Entrance fee to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets to hear your guide clearly
Exclusions for Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early. Anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
Not wheelchair accessible. We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
Important: Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.