Skip The Line: Colosseum, Vatican And Historic Rome Small-Group Tour
OverviewWant to seethe best of Rome but limitedon time?This 7.5-hour tour combines two must-do Romeexperiences into one full-day excursion. Delve into the very essence of Roman history, culture, art, and architecture on this incredible tour, which introducers visitors to Romes best-known sights in a single day. Travel from the ancient roots of the Eternal City to the very height of the Roman Empire through the stories and anecdotes of your guides, and enjoy a fully immersive experience.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Your tour of historic Rome and the Vatican begins at theColosseum, where you'll meet your guide and small-group of no more than 15. With yourexclusive skip-the-line access, you'll head straight into theancient worlds greatest sports arena. Hear harrowing tails of gladiators and martyrs, and learn why these men where almost mythical to Ancient Romans.
Next, continue to the nearby Roman Forum, a government plaza that once served as thebeating heart of Romes empire. Rather than fight through the Forum's interior crowds, your guide will take you to astunningoverlook that includesviews of both the Senate House and the Temple of theVestal Virgins.Listen to the stories ofwar, politics, economics, and religion that shaped the ancient city while imaging how these ruins must have appeared 2,000 years ago.
Continue your walk through Ancient Rome with a visit inside thePantheon, home to the largestunreinforced concrete dome in the world. Marvel at its interior while learning how it was built and why it's inspired so many other iconic structures from St Peter's Basilica to the U.S. Capitol Building.
Next, take a big step forward in history to enjoy a much-needed gelato break and stroll along streets made famous by films like Roman Holiday, stopping at theTrevi Fountain and Piazza Navona for a few photo ops.
Following a lunch break (own expense), you'll board a taxi or busto the Vatican. Your local guide will accompany you to assure there aren't anytransport issues. Once there, bypass the outdoor crowds and head directly inside with your all-inclusive ticket. A Vatican expert will be waiting to show you one of the world'sgreatest collections of art on a specially-curated highlights tour, sculpture galleries, and the world-famous Laocon Group.
End your tourcontemplatingMichelangelos amazing frescoes in the Sistine Chapel, including The Last Judgement.Then choose between extending your stay in the Vatican Museums and chapel, or skippingthe lines and enteringSt. Peters Basilica with your guide immediately. Thelatter option may save you up to an hour of waiting in line.
Inclusions for Skip The Line: Colosseum, Vatican And Historic Rome Small-Group Tour
- Exclusive skip-the-lineentry to the Colosseum, Vatican Museums andSt. Peters Basilica
- Transport from downtown Rometo the Vatican
- Homemade gelato
- English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Skip The Line: Colosseum, Vatican And Historic Rome Small-Group Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Receive your confirmation at the time of booking
This tour is unable to accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers
The number of visitors allowed inside the Colosseum at once is limited, so during busy periods slight waits may occur--even with pre-booked skip-the-line entry tickets. We ask for your patience during these times.
Tours end at St Peter's Basilica but include skip-the-line entry. Once inside, you're free to explore the church on your own
Please note: this tour operates in English only
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Naples and Pompeii: Full-Day Tour from Rome with Lunch
- Best of Rome in a Day Private Guided Tour including Vatican Sistine Chapel and Colosseum
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Rome Super Saver: Skip-the-Line Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour plus Frascati Wine Tasting Tour
- Rome Pizza Walking Tour
- Skip The Line- Vatican Museums with St Peter's, Sistine Chapel and Small-Group Upgrade