OverviewVisit the Diamond Museum and become a diamond expert! A visit to the Diamond Museum Amsterdam sends you to a journey that starts 200 kilometers below the surface of the earth. You will learn how diamonds are formed through a process of billions of years to their final shape we all know and love. But it doesn’t stop there because at our museum you see actual diamond polishers and goldsmiths turn rough stones into the most beautiful jewellery.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Skip the line
- Excellent value for money
- Editor's Pick
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tour
Located between the Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh Museum at the famous Museum Square you will find the Diamond Museum Amsterdam.
Amsterdam and diamonds are a perfect match since the 16th century where the trade flourished for more than 400 years now. For four centuries the passion and dedication to the craft of diamond polishing led to the current situation where Amsterdam is the city of diamonds and the worldwide recognized center of the diamond trade.
The Diamond Museum Amsterdam is the only museum of its kind in the world, founded by Coster Diamonds. Many famous diamonds were cut in Amsterdam by the polishers of Coster Diamonds, such as the Cullinan (the largest diamond ever found) and the Koh-I-Nor (the mountain of light).
Learn about every aspect of the world of diamonds. From the origins of diamonds, to the valuation, different types of diamond and the attributes that make them special and so valuable. See the most beautiful diamond artifacts and the smallest diamond ever cut.
Gaze upon the diamond encrusted version of 'Starry Starry Night' by van Gogh, see how kings throughout history showed their power and status through the 'Crowns Around the World' collection and the famous diamond-studded ape skull.
The diamond museum is easy to reach and when you are done, you are welcome to visit Coster Diamonds next door and see the diamond polishers and goldsmiths at work creating the most beautiful diamond jewelery.
Inclusions for Skip-the-Line: Diamond Museum Amsterdam Admission Ticket
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for Skip-the-Line: Diamond Museum Amsterdam Admission Ticket
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Museum opening hours are daily from 9am to 5pm (including weekends and holidays)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Keukenhof Gardens And Tulip Fields Tour From Amsterdam
- Skip The Line: Amsterdam And Holland Pass
- Amsterdam Hop-On Hop-Off Tour With Optional Canal Cruise
- Dutch Windmills And Countryside Day Trip From Amsterdam Including Cheese Tasting In Edam
- Private Tour: Anne Frank Walking Tour Of Amsterdam
- Airport Transfer And City Tour
- Bikes And Dyks Tour
- The Original Amsterdam Beer Tour
- Enjoy The Best Home Cooked Food Tour
- Street Art Mural Tour