Skip-the-line Doge's Palace & St Mark's Square With Wine Tasting - Venice
OverviewVenice: the city of love, art and good wine!Come with us to explore one of the most fascinating place in the world with our skip-the-line private guided tour.Starting from the wonderful San Marco's Square, accompanied by our top rated guide, you will discover the famous Doges Palace. ThePalaceis the very symbol of Veniceand a masterpiece of Gothic architecture. Walk through artistic treasures and decorated halls, relive the magnificent Golden Age of the Serenissima Venetian Republic! You will cross the Bridge of sighs, connecting the Doges Palace to the jails, where the prisoners caught their last glimpse of Venice before being locked up. At the end of the visit, you will reach by walking a traditional wine parlor where you can taste diffent kinds of local wine with typical appetizers. Our walking tour lasts approximately 2,5 hours.It is a great experience to explore the highlights of Venice, unique city in the world!
Know More about this tour
Our guide will meet you in Saint Marco Square to start your full immersion in the history of this incredible city! Starting from the largest square in the city, the guide will describe you all the monuments around (only outside): St Marcos Basilica, the bell tower and the Procuratie. Saint Marcos Basilica was commissioned in 1071 and built in Venetian-Byzantine style, a mixture of western and eastern styles.Nicknamed the "Church of Gold" because of its opulence, it has been the seat of the Patriarch of Venice. The Bell tower, that stands 98.6 meters tall (323 ft) and is one of the city's most recognizable landmarks. The Procuratie, located along the square, are buildings that housed the apartments and offices of the procurators.The visit will continue inside the Doges Palace, official residence inVeniceof the doges, who were the elected leaders of the formerVenetian republic. This impressive structure, built around a courtyard and richly decorated, was the meeting place of the governing councils and ministries of the republic. In its successive rebuildings, thepalaceincorporated characteristics of Gothic, Moorish, andRenaissance architecture.
Our guide will accompany in this journey into the beautiful decorated halls where you can admire paintings by Tiziano,Tintoretto and Veronese. Learn about the history of the city and the important decisions took in these rooms by the Council who made great the Venetian Republic. At last but not least, you will walk across the Bridge of Sighs as the enemies of the Republic did before being locked up in the prisons. Thanks to our tour, you will relive the ancient atmosphere of the Serenissima Republic of Venice!
After filling your eyes with much beauty, you will delight your taste buds with our wine tasting! Venice's region is very famous for its wine production and, after your guided tour, you will have the chance to taste three local wines with typical appetizers in a traditional venetian wine parlor.
Inclusions for Skip-the-line Doge's Palace & St Mark's Square With Wine Tasting
- Entrance fees for the Doge's Palace
- Light refreshments
- Wine tasting (3 kinds of local wine)
- Professional guide
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (for a group up to 5 people, whisper are not required and not included)
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Skip-the-line Doge's Palace & St Mark's Square With Wine Tasting
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Dining experience at a Cesarina's home in Venice with show cooking
- Classic gondola tour
- Venice Visitor 60min 30 pictures Photo Session in Venice
- Venice VIP Photo Session in Venice
- CHARMING GONDOLA AND CLASSIC MUSIC
- Afternoon in Venice & gondola ride
- Doges Palace and St. Marks Square Museums Skip-the-Line Tour in Venice
- Grand Canal Gondola Ride And Golden Basilica with Optional Glass Craftsman at work