Treat the family to a 2-hour Colosseum and Ancient Rome walking tour, led by a fun-loving, child specialist guide. Specially designed for kids between the ages of seven and 12, the interactive tour includes visual aids, role-playing sessions and entertaining challenges that are sure to appeal to an even wider age range of big and little kids alike! Explore Ancient Rome to see the Roman Forum, Trajans Column and more, and then enjoy a skip-the-line tour of the ground floor of the Colosseum: Romes iconic ancient landmark.
Numbers are limited to 25 people on this group tour, ensuring personalized attention at all times.
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near Trajan’s Column in central Rome, and then set off to explore the sights of Ancient Rome with your fun-loving group of moms, dads, grandparents and youngsters. As you walk, enjoy role-playing sessions and fun challenges — designed by an early childhood educational specialist — that aim to keep your kids engaged and excited about the incredible ruins that abound.
Admire Trajan’s Market and Trajan’s Column, and listen to stories that bring the time-worn monuments to life. Most of Ancient Rome’s relics and ruins are clustered throughout the Roman Forum, so head there to explore and discover the history that’s set in the site’s stones.
After posing for photos by the Temple of Caesar and hearing tales about the power of Imperial Rome with the help of some attention-grabbing visual aids, continue to your tour’s highlight: the iconic Rome Colosseum. With a history of emperors, gladiators, lions and battles, there are few monuments in the world that can spark imagination like the Colosseum.
Skip the long entrance lines with your priority-access ticket, and explore the ground floor of the impressive amphitheater with your guide. As you walk, enjoy anecdotes and stories about the gladiators to create a vivid picture of the past. Participation is encouraged in the stories, so feel free to ask questions and get your kids involved in the open and interactive environment.
Having enjoyed up to 40 minutes inside the Colosseum, stroll back outside and say your goodbyes to your guide as your family-friendly Colosseum tour finishes.
Inclusions for Skip The Line: Family-Friendly Colosseum And Ancient Rome Tour
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line admission to the Colosseum
- Headsets, if needed
Exclusions for Skip The Line: Family-Friendly Colosseum And Ancient Rome Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Entrance is strictly limited so you must arrive early; anyone who arrives after their time slot cannot be accommodated or refunded
Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight; we recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
Italy’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world; skip-the-line access and careful planning limit the crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours
Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
We are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours
Important: Please note that large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Skip The Line: Ancient Rome And Colosseum Half-Day Walking Tour
- Skip The Line - Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica Half-Day Walking Tour
- Pompeii And Amalfi Coast Semi-Private Day Trip From Rome
- Christian Rome Afternoon Tour
- Rome In One Day Segway Tour
- Exploring Rome Beyond Sights - Through Flavors, Walks, And People
- Rome Bike Tour - Rome Jubilee Bike Tour
- Rome By Train - Vatican Museum
- Self-Guided Priority Access Ticket Including Ancient Rome And Vatican Museums
- Beyond The Ordinary Tour