Your guide will lead you through the epic courtyard of the Invalides, discussing its 17th century roots as a veterans hospital under King Louis XIV. Youll visit the cathedral that Louis had built for his former troops, who found respite here after returning from battle. After discussing the Sun Kings contributions to Frances military history, youll learn all about the nations most elite leader, Napoleon Bonaparte. A brilliant general and audacious emperor, he is synonymous with Frances gold days of military conquest. Ultimately pushing too far, Napoleon died in exile, though his remains are interred underneath the magnificent gold dome. Come face to face with his tomb, as well as the tombs of those closest to him, while basking in the ornate homage to this leader. Spend some time in the museum to learn all about this man, beyond his famous stature, through artifacts, recreations, and military maps that walk you through his many wins and defeats.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Meet your guide outside the main gate of Invalides.
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewDiscover Frances turbulent and illustrious military history on this 1.5 to 2 hour private tour of the Muse de lArme. Housed inside the gold-domed building known as the Hotel des Invalides, this museum will reveal secrets and stories for both history buffs and anyone interested in topics like Napoleon and the World Wars.
Know More about this tour
- SKIP-THE-LINE PRIVATEMUSEUM TOUR
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDE EXCLUSIVELY FOR YOU
- TOUR INCLUDES ALL ENTRANCE FEES
- AVAILABLE TUESDAY - SUNDAY (NO MONDAYS) AT 1PM
- DURATION 1.5 - 2HOURS
- WHEELCHAIR FRIENDLY
- Tour PriceDoes NOT Include HotelPickup orDrop-Off(We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour DoesNOT Include Gratuities(OPTIONAL)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Notes: Invalides dome and museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Ticket and Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris 1-Day Ticket
- Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour including Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa
- Normandy D-Day Battlefields and Beaches Day Trip
- Mont Saint Michel Day Trip from Paris
- Bistro-Style Seine River Dinner Cruise