Begin by exploring the 19th century roots that lead to one of the bloodiest wars ever, learning about characters like Bismarck during the Franco-Prussian War. From there, your guide will piece together the chain of events, including the assassination of Franz Ferdinand, that set off World War I. Come face to face with the equipment, uniforms, weapons, and other artifacts that were used during the wars many battles. Relive the famous Battle of the Marne while seeing one of the iconic taxis that played a crucial role. Watch original footage detailing the atrocities before finally understanding how the Treaty of Versailles ended things. Youll even see the train car where the armistice was signed, ending the war. Afterwards, youll learn how the threat of Adolf Hitler came to be a reality, launching World War II. Discuss significant events like the Ligne Maginot, Dunkerque, and the Occupation of Paris while meandering among artifacts collected from the battlefields. Your guide will discuss famous men like Ptain and De Gaulle who helped guide France through this horrendous war. You will discover stories behind the battles of Normandy and the Liberation of Paris, which lead ultimately the preservation of the city that you can still enjoy today.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Meet your guide outside the main gate of Invalides.
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewA vast collection of artifacts, videos, and displays await visitors on this 1.5 - 2 hour semi-private tour of the Muse de lArme and its halls dedicated to the World Wars. Your engaging guide will lead up to 8 guests through the wars, sharing its most significant stories to help everyone understand Frances place in it and the effects these wars had on the French people.
Know More about this tour
- SKIP-THE-LINE SEMI-PRIVATEMUSEUM TOUR
- "SEMI-PRIVATE"MEANS GROUP SIZE IS NEVER MORE THAN 8 GUESTS MAXIMUM
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDE
- TOUR INCLUDES ALL ENTRANCE FEES
- AVAILABLE TUESDAY - SUNDAY (NO MONDAYS) AT 3PM
- DURATION 1.5 - 2HOURS
- Tour PriceDoes NOT Include HotelPickup orDrop-Off(We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour DoesNOT Include Gratuities(OPTIONAL)
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Notes: Invalides dome and museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Ticket and Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris 1-Day Ticket
- Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour including Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa
- Normandy D-Day Beaches Day Trip with American Cemetery and optional lunch
- Mont Saint Michel Day Trip from Paris
- Palace of Versailles and Giverny Day Trip from Paris with Lunch