Situated in the beautifully manicured Tuileries Gardens, the Orangerie transformed into a museum in the early 20th century when Pariss over-crowded museums needed new galleries. The Orangerie most famously houses the series of various waterlilies Monet granted to France thanks to his friendship with George Clemenceau, which earned their own private gallery space. The expansive collection of 19th century and early 20th century paintings features works by other famous Impressionists and those who came after. View Cezannes studies of fruits and flowers, seductive portraits by Matisse, and various phases of Picassos career through several nudes. Other artists including Modigliani, Renoir, and Utrillo, all make the Orangerie a must-visit for anyone who appreciates French art and the Impressionist movement.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Musée de l'Orangerie, Right side of the main entrance. Outside of the museum.
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
OverviewA former home for royal orange trees, the Orangerie today houses artwork by some of Frances most notable names. On this 1.5 to 2 hour semi-private tour, your expert guide will lead you and up to 5 guests through history to explain why this unique, yet overlooked collection is one of the best in Paris.
Know More about this tour
- SKIP-THE-LINE SEMI-PRIVATEMUSEUM TOUR
- "SEMI-PRIVATE"MEANS GROUP SIZE IS NEVER MORE THAN 5 GUESTS MAXIMUM
- PROFESSIONAL TOUR GUIDE
- TOUR INCLUDES ALL ENTRANCE FEES
- AVAILABLE WEDNESDAY - MONDAY (NO TUESDAYS) AT 3:30PM
- DURATION 1.5 - 2HOURS
- Tour PriceDoes NOT Include HotelPickup orDrop-Off(We Recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour DoesNOT Include Gratuities(OPTIONAL)
- This tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 5 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Notes: Orangerie museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
You Might Also Like
- Paris Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
- Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Ticket and Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
- Paris City Tour and Eiffel Tower Half-day Trip
- Disneyland Paris 1-Day Ticket
- Skip the Line: Louvre Museum Walking Tour including Venus de Milo and Mona Lisa
- Normandy D-Day Beaches Day Trip with American Cemetery and optional lunch
- Mont Saint Michel Day Trip from Paris
- Palace of Versailles and Giverny Day Trip from Paris with Lunch