Skip-the-Line: Private Rijksmuseum And Amsterdam Walking TourWrite a Review
Enjoy a 5-hour private tour that will take you first to one of the most famous Amsterdam museums: the Rijksmuseum and then go for a historical walking tour in Rembrandts Nightwatch headquarters and other places to compare the past with the present. Your historian guide will tell you all you need to know about the 18th and 19th century, the most famous pieces and some handpicked gems.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Skip the line
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Split the day between the canals and cobblestones of the city’s historic center and the masterpieces hanging in the Rijksmuseum. This tour will begin at the Rijksmuseum, Holland’s version of the Louvre, and learn about the highlights of its 8000 or so objects on display, including works by iconic Dutch artists like Rembrandt. Visit the impressive and expansive collection that curates Dutch history over the centuries. For those who aren’t familiar with Dutch culture, explore its rich and vibrant past through a selection of paintings and artifacts from the 8000 objects on display. Explore familiar names like Rembrandt while discussing lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses and Vermeer’s portrait of domesticity, “The Milkmaid.” There’s even a fascinating 19th century library containing more stories than we could ever tell. By the end, you’ll have a good overview of the museum’s collection and you may even know how to pronounce its name correctly.
After lunch, enjoy a historical walk. Learn about the capital city, known for its openness, charming bridges and leaning houses. Wander the canals and get your bearings as you learn about the medieval gate and Amstel River that helped shape Amsterdam.
Inclusions for Skip-the-Line: Private Rijksmuseum And Amsterdam Walking Tour
- Entrance fees
- Skip-the-line entry
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Break for lunch
Exclusions for Skip-the-Line: Private Rijksmuseum And Amsterdam Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people permitted per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Notes: Rijksmuseum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.