Skip-the-Line: Private Rijksmuseum And Amsterdam Walking TourWrite a Review
Enjoy a 5-hour privateÂ tour that will take you first to one of the most famous Amsterdam museums: the Rijksmuseum and then go for a historical walking tour in RembrandtâÂÂs Nightwatch headquarters and other places to compare the past with the present. Your historian guide will tell you all you need to know about the 18th and 19th century, the most famous pieces and some handpicked gems.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Skip the line
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Split the day between the canals and cobblestones of the city’s historic center and the masterpieces hanging in the Rijksmuseum. This tour will begin at the Rijksmuseum, Holland’s version of the Louvre, and learn about the highlights of its 8000 or so objects on display, including works by iconic Dutch artists like Rembrandt. Visit the impressive and expansive collection that curates Dutch history over the centuries. For those who aren’t familiar with Dutch culture, explore its rich and vibrant past through a selection of paintings and artifacts from the 8000 objects on display. Explore familiar names like Rembrandt while discussing lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses and Vermeer’s portrait of domesticity, “The Milkmaid.” There’s even a fascinating 19th century library containing more stories than we could ever tell. By the end, you’ll have a good overview of the museum’s collection and you may even know how to pronounce its name correctly.
After lunch, enjoy a historical walk. Learn about the capital city, known for its openness, charming bridges and leaning houses. Wander the canals and get your bearings as you learn about the medieval gate and Amstel River that helped shape Amsterdam.
Inclusions for Skip-the-Line: Private Rijksmuseum And Amsterdam Walking Tour
- Entrance fees and skip-the-line access to the Rijksmuseum
- Professional art historian guide
- Walking tour
- Private tour
Exclusions for Skip-the-Line: Private Rijksmuseum And Amsterdam Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Please try not to bring large bags or backpacks as they can hold up entry time due to security.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.