Skip-the-line Private Vatican And Sistine Chapel Tour - Vatican City
OverviewSkip the long lines at the Vatican by taking this private, 3-hour tour. With your local guide, visit the Sistine Chapel, the Basilica of St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museums, and other famous sites. See some of the most precious artwork in the world as your guide shares the history and stories of these locations.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the entrance to the Vatican museums at either 10am or 2pm. On this private tour, you will travel at your own pace, plus you can stop in some of the small rooms of the museum since you won't be with a large group. Start with a visit to the Belvedere Courtyard, the Pio-Clementino Museum, and the large collection of Ancient Roman and Greek statues.
Then, continue to the Galleries of Tapistries and Geographic Maps, the grandest and most significant display of Renaissance maps. Stop in the Sobiesky Room to learn about the largest canvas painting in the Vatican. See the Immaculate Conception Room's frescoes.
Your guide will focus your attention on the rooms painted by Raphael for Pope Julius II, considered the greatest works of his life, especially the Parnassus and the School of Athens.
Hear the history, facts, and curiosities of the Sistine Chapel during your visit there. View the famous frescoes made by Michelangelo, Botticelli and other famous artists. The Sistine Chapel is also the location of the conclave, the Popes' election, so you will learn details about this unique event.
Continue your tour at Saint Peter's Basilica, home to Michelangelo's Piet, Bernini Baldacchino, and numerous monuments of Popes and Saints. End your tour in Saint Peter's square to see the Swiss Guards and the Pope's Palace.
Inclusions for Skip-the-line Private Vatican And Sistine Chapel Tour
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Private tour
- Blue Badge guide
- Professional art historian guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Skip-the-line Private Vatican And Sistine Chapel Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Food and drinks are not allowed in the museums except for bottled water
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.