Skip The Line: Rio De Janeiro Museum Of Modern Art Entrance Ticket, Transportation And Guide - Rio De Janeiro
OverviewThe building represents an architecture mark, that’s the architect Affonso Eduardo Reidy’s result and the Roberto Burle Marx’s project. Containing more than 15 thousand works of art, his collection is made by sculptures and paintings by international renowned artists, besides a notable Latin American artist groups.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourSee works of art by some of Rio de Janeiro’s and Brazil’s most famous 20th-century artists in the Museum of Modern Art (MAM). Located inside a building designed by a Brazilian modernist architect and exhibiting works from one of Brazil’s largest art collections, the MAM is one of the most prized museums in the country. After visiting the museum, explore the surrounding Flamengo Park, the largest park in Rio.
Before starting your gallery tour, take the time to admire the MAM structure, designed in the 1950s by Brazilian architect Afonso Reidy. Climb the concrete spiral staircase into the museum’s interior. The permanent exhibition is titled Genealogies of the Contemporary. It highlights the history of Brazilian art since the 1920s. Here you will find pieces from the extensive Gilberto Chateaubriand collection. Famous Brazilian artists like Maria Martins, Di Cavalcanti and Cndido Portinari are on display beside European modernists like Alberto Giacometti and Fernand Léger.
If you enjoy the culinary arts, make a reservation at the MAM’s renowned restaurant, Laguiole. Enjoy contemporary Brazilian cuisine and peruse the expansive wine list, which features over 8,000 different bottles.
Take a walk through Flamengo Park, where the museum is situated. Spread over 300 acres (121 hectares) along the edge of Guanabara Bay, this is Rio’s largest park. Cool off in the water at Botafogo Beach to the south or watch locals fly remote controlled airplanes in one of the park’s open areas.
The Museum of Modern Art of Rio de Janeiro has the mission of preserving the reflection and diffusion of production of national and international modern and contemporary art through exhibitions of its collection, publications and lending of works. Therefore, it promotes debate around the topic, organizes and makes its collection available in a digital database to researchers in general, contributes to the education of the public through special visits to schools and the general public, promotes the viewing of films of artistic and cultural interest and develops programs that provide scholarships to artists in Brazil and abroad.
Inclusions for Skip The Line: Rio De Janeiro Museum Of Modern Art Entrance Ticket, Transportation And Guide
- Admission ticket
- Local guide
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Skip The Line: Rio De Janeiro Museum Of Modern Art Entrance Ticket, Transportation And Guide
- Food and drinks
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
Dress code is smart casual
Operates Tuesday to Friday from 12pm to 18pm. Saturday, Sunday and holidays from 11am to 18pm.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.