Skip The Line: Small - Group Tour Of Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica - Vatican City
OverviewJoin us and let us guide you through the wonders of the Sistine Chapel, Vatican Museums and St. Peter's Basilica in a small group of no more than 15 with an expert English mother tongue guide. Come on a stirring journey through centuries of art, including Michelangelo's and Raphael's breathtaking frescoes with a skip-the-line ticket.
- Excellent value for money
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourThe City State of the Vatican is the smallest independent sovereign country in the world, though in a certain sense it is also the biggest, for it is indeed everywhere. The smallest State in the world houses the biggest art collection in the world! And the biggest church in the world, St. Peter's Basilica, an amazing creation of Renaissance and Baroque architecture.
The Basilica soars up 140 meters (420 ft) with its dome into the heavenly skies, and goes deep down into the earth, to the tomb of St. Peter, over which it was built. What is one able to see in one day, given the fact that some have calculated that those who attempted to see everything in the Vatican, would need to stay at least half a year? Well, surely we will see a great number of world renowned masterpieces and historical landmarks.
At St. Peter's we will view Bernini's Colonnade; the Altar of Glory; magnificent mosaics; the most ancient bronze statue of St. Peter; the Holy Door; the Canopy which Bernini made with the bronze from the Pantheon; the Confession of St. Peter where his relics are kept; the greatest of Michelangelo's sculptures, the famous Piet, the only work he ever signed.
In the Papal Palaces that house the Vatican Museums, the biggest in the world, we will see paintings by Giotto, Beato Angelico, Raffaello, Leonardo da Vinci, Caravaggio, and then the collection of classic Greek and Roman art that includes such artifacts of world-wide fame as the Apollo del Belvedere and Laocoonte, and the tapestries designed by Raffaello, the maps drawn by a cartographer of the 16th century that are so precise, they could be used even today. We shall walk through the apartments of the Popes, and the great Stanze di Raffaello (rooms in the Papal apartments painted by Raffaello).
The journey through time and art will culminate with one of the world's wonders - the Sistine Chapel - the "Holy of Holies" of the Popes, covered with frescoes painted by the greatest artists of the 15th century, and completed with frescoes by perhaps the greatest of all artists, Michelangelo. After visiting the Sistine Chapel, Goethe wrote that only those who see it, can understand what one man alone is capable of doing. We will see all of this and much more.
Our experts will share with you not only their knowledge in History, Art, and Architecture, but will also recount you the story of how a small and poor tomb of a fisherman became the center of Christianity, and for a very long period, the center of the world. We will tell you stories of secrets and intrigues of Pope-Kings, tales of saints and miracles, unusual and rarely known historical facts.
We will guide you through an amazing journey of human frailty and wonder, one you will never forget!
Inclusions for Skip The Line: Small - Group Tour Of Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Skip The Line: Small - Group Tour Of Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel And St Peter's Basilica
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- No Wait Access: St Peter's Basilica WiFi Audio Guide
- Skip-the-Line Private Tour of Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and St. Peter's Basilica
- Skip the Line: Papal Blessing, Vatican Museums, and St. Peter's Basilica Tour with Lunch
- Early access to Vatican Museums before Morning Opening
- Early Entrance Vatican Private Tour with Cabinet of the Masks
- Small Group Highlights of the Vatican Tour with Museums and Sistine Chapel