Skip The Line: St Mark’s Basilica And Doge’s Palace Private Tour - Venice
OverviewThis 2 hour private tour is perfect for those who want to start understanding the history of Venice, its political system and its artistic splendor. Your guide will reserve your entrance tickets before your tour so you may enjoy the fast track passed the long lines, the professional guide will walk you through St. Marks Basilica, its unique Gothic - Byzantine Architecture and its splendid golden mosaics. The tour will show you important institutional rooms of the Doges Palace where you will be able to see the masterpieces painted by Titian, Tintoretto and Veronese. The Doges Apartment, the Bridge of Sighs, and the Prisons will be explored with your private group.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Multiple departure times and locations available
Know More about this tourYou have the choice of meeting your guide at your hotel or Piazza san Marco, from there you will walk to the sites or travel by taxi (at own expense) to the start of the guided portion of your tour.
St Marks Square is the first location, as the guide explains the historical significance of the site while walking towards the Basilica. Skip the long line to get inside the Basilica, you will have the chance to admire its golden mosaics and learn the history of its architecture and decorations from your professional guide.
Proceed to the Doge's Palace, the former site of the Venetian government, and have a preferential entrance into the building. Here your professional guide will walk you through important institutional rooms of the Doges Palace, where you will see the masterpieces painted by Titian, Tintoretto and Veronese. After which, you will be able to experience the Doges Apartment, pass through the famousBridge of Sighs and the Prisons.
Enjoy the tour at your leisure and feel free to ask the guide for more time at any of the locations. Once the tour has ended, the guide will escort you back to the pick up location of your choice.
Inclusions for Skip The Line: St Mark’s Basilica And Doge’s Palace Private Tour
- Professional art historian guide
- Walking tour
- Private tour
Exclusions for Skip The Line: St Mark’s Basilica And Doge’s Palace Private Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees toDoge's Palace (20 for adult and 12 for children between 6-14) paid at the entrance by cash or credit card
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Wheelchair accessible - if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own carer
Child under 18 old must provide valid ID to have reduced price to museums
Pictures inside the St Marks Basilica is not allowed and Doges Palace allowed only if flash is off
Food and drinks are not allowed in the museums or churches
Please specify at time of booking what time you want to start your tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wine Tasting Private Tour in Venice
- Private Tour: Venice Bacaro Food Tour
- Private Transfer from Venice Airport to Hotel in Venice City Center
- Excursion to the Islands of Murano Burano and Torcello
- Venice Discovery Land and Boat Tour
- I Musici Veneziani Concert: Baroque and Opera
- Virtuosi di Venezia: Vivaldi Four Seasons
- WiFi Everywhere in Venice