Skip-the-line Tour Of Saint Peter's Basilica In The Vatican With Local Guide - Vatican City
OverviewVisit the grandest church in the world with a local expert guide. This 1.5 hour guided tour of Saint Peter's Basilica will take you to the heart of Catholicism; you will learn about the history of the Vatican and the Popes, lives and artworks of the great artists that gave their contribution in building the church.Facts and anecdotes, mysteries, secrets and important stories will be revealed to you during the tour. You will find the answer to the most popular questions about St. Peters' and more. Why was the church built on that location? What masterpieces are contained inside? What happens when a new Pope is elected? What great works were made by Michelangelo, Raphael, Bramante and other famous masters? What are the details of the dome?On this small group touryou will be able to skip the long entrance lines and ask the guide about every aspect of the church.
- All-inclusive tour
- Led by a local guide
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tour
Visit the grandest church in the world with a local expert guide. This 1.5 hour guided tour of Saint Peter's Basilica will take you to the heart of Catholicism; you will learn about the history of the Vatican and the Popes, lives and artworks of the great artists that gave their contribution in building the church.
The visit starts in St. Peter's square at the Obelisk where you will see the Popes' palace, the chimney where smoke comes out after Popes are elected and the balcony where they bless people. By skipping the long entrance lines you will go inside the Basilica.. You will see the Chapel of the Baptistry and the Chapel where weddings take place.
Your guide will explain to you in detail the most famous masterpieces preserved in the church including Michelangelo's Piet , Bernini's Baldacchino, Canova's Monument to the Stuart Family and many more... including Di Cambio's bronze statue of St. Peter that every pilgrim touches during their holy trip. You will then walk toward the altar where the Popes only hold mass and admire the dome from inside with its spectacular mosaics.
The church is still today the center of the Catholic ceremonies so part of it may be closed to public during special events. If open you will explore also the tombs of the Popes and other areas off-the-beaten tracks.
You will love this tour, your guide and the Vatican art and history!
Inclusions for Skip-the-line Tour Of Saint Peter's Basilica In The Vatican With Local Guide
Small-group or private tour available
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Exclusions for Skip-the-line Tour Of Saint Peter's Basilica In The Vatican With Local Guide
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Email and telephone number of main traveller is required at the time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Vatican Museum and Sistine Chapel and San Peter's Basilica
- Papal Audience with Hotel Pickup and Tour Escort-Led Papacy Discussion
- Morning - Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Morning - Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica
- Rome City Pass
- Early Entry Vatican Museums: The Sistine Chapel Before Opening Time
- Sistine Chapel Raphael Rooms Private Tour
- Priority Line: St Peter's Mosaic School Walking Tour