- Get inside tips from a local
- Skip the line
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by an art historian
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tour
Start your tour at the Rijksmuseum to see the work of some of Hollands most famous artists, while learning about the countrys cultural history. Your guide will share stories about the museums best and quirkiest pieces as you explore a selection of paintings and artifacts from the 8,000 objects on display. Learn more about the work of Rembrandt, 17th-century Dutch dollhouses, and Vermeers portrait of domesticity, The Milkmaid. The museum is also home to a vast 19th-century library, the largest public art history research library in the Netherlands.
After a break for lunch (opt to pack your own if you don't want to eat at the museum cafe), enter the Van Gogh Museum to learn more about the man behind the famous sunflowers and self-portraits that are featured in galleries around the world. See The Potato Eaters and The Bedroom as well as objects from his studio. Walk through the worlds largest collection of Van Goghs works while learning about his life, from his days in Holland to his dramatic ending in France. Your guide will discuss that whole ear incident, too.
Depending on whether the artwork is on loan or being restored, your tour may include Van Gogh's large collection of self portraits, early and obscure works, objects from his studio, Sunflowers, Yellow House, and Wheatfield with Crows.
After five hours, your tour will conclude at the Van Gogh Museum.
Inclusions for Skip The Line: Van Gogh Museum And Rijksmuseum Small Group Amsterdam Tour
- Entrance fees
- Skip-the-line entry
- Professional art historian guide
- Small-group tour
- Break for lunch
Exclusions for Skip The Line: Van Gogh Museum And Rijksmuseum Small Group Amsterdam Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Notes: Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Keukenhof Gardens And Tulip Fields Tour From Amsterdam
- Skip The Line: Amsterdam And Holland Pass
- Amsterdam Hop-On Hop-Off Tour With Optional Canal Cruise
- Dutch Windmills And Countryside Day Trip From Amsterdam Including Cheese Tasting In Edam
- Private Tour: Anne Frank Walking Tour Of Amsterdam
- Airport Transfer And City Tour
- Bikes And Dyks Tour
- The Original Amsterdam Beer Tour
- Enjoy The Best Home Cooked Food Tour
- Street Art Mural Tour