OverviewTour of the Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica - including skip the line ticket and entrance fee.
- Skip the line
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourIn this fantastic tour enjoy the highlights of the museum and of course the remarkable Sistine Chapel in its entirety.
This is also where the bones of Saint Peter remain, housed in St. Peter's Basilica, a place packed to the teeth with internationally-recognized brilliant pieces of art. And if you just can't get your fill of the truck-loads of art these two buildings offer, the Vatican Museums should well and truly satisfy your desires. Opt to head over to St. Peter's Square, a piazza designed by Gian Lorenzo Bernini in the 17th century.
The Vatican Museums are some of the most important museums in the world. The Vatican has a superb gallery, excellent Roman and Etruscan collections, and plenty more. Be sure not to miss the apartments that were decorated by Raphael. There is too much to see if you plan on going to the museums for one day. If you go for just one day, you just have time for the highlights. The highlight of the visit to the museums is the The Sistine Chapel known for Michelangelo's two most famous masterpieces: the ceiling, depicting numerous scenes from the Old Testament - such as the moment of Creation - together with various sybils and prophets; and the Last Judgement, occupying the entire wall behind the altar. But while you're there, don't forget to look at the other frescoes, by Botticelli, Ghirlandaio and others. The Sistine Chapel is also the meeting place of the conclave, which elects each new Pope.
Please note: Dress code and other rules for entering the sights at the Vatican there is a dress code, that is enforced. Signs outside will tell you what is appropriate and what is not. You need to wear clothes that cover your shoulders, and you can't wear really short shorts.
What will you see during this tour?
- Pinecone Courtyard
- Octagonal Courtyard
- Gallery of the Muses
- The Roundroom
- The Greek Cross room
- The Raphael Rooms (When is possible)
- Tapestry Gallery
- Gallery of the Maps
- Full story of the Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo
- Direct access to St. Peter's Basilic
Inclusions for Skip The Line: Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica And Sistine Chapel Tour
- Professional art historian guide (if guided option selected)
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (if guided option selected)
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees
- Early Access (if option selected)
- Skip-the-line entrance
- Skip-the-line for the St. Peter's Basilica
Exclusions for Skip The Line: Vatican Museum, St. Peter's Basilica And Sistine Chapel Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Guide (unless option selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Minimum age is 1 years
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
SKIP THE LINE policy: Please be aware that entering the Vatican Museums means leaving Rome and going to a different State. During high seasons the Vatican welcomes more than 30.000 visitors per day! "Skipping the lines" means that we pay an additional reservation fee on top of the ticket price and prebook a privileged entrance for our groups; we always enter before the non-reservation line. We do not have any control of how the Vatican is organised therefore it is out of our hands if there is an unexpected wait.
Please also understand that the radio headsets are property of the Vatican. We are obligated to exclusively rent from them so we don't have any quality control over them, therefore if your headset doesn't have quality sound please let us know and we will take care of providing a replacement.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.