Morning or Afternoon Tour:
Choose from a morning or afternoon tour, and then board your air-conditioned coach near Rome Termini Station or at your centrally located hotel. Travel the short journey to Vatican City in comfort, passing alongside sites like Piazza del Popolo and the ancient Aurelian Walls.
Hop off your coach and skip past the long entrance lines with your priority-access ticket to enter the Vatican Museums. The complex is home to one of the worlds largest collections of art, featuring an extensive array of treasures amassed by the Vatican popes. Follow your guide down Giuseppe Momos bronze spiral staircase an iconic Vatican attraction and then visit two of the museums star attractions: Gallery of the Tapestries and Gallery of Maps.
Admire the Flemish tapestries that adorn the walls of the first room, and learn how they were based on paintings by students of the Renaissance supremo Raphael. Gaze in wonder at the detailed topographical maps inside the Galley of Maps, and then leave the museum area to walk into the Sistine Chapel. Talking is not permitted inside the sacred site, so walk around at leisure and marvel at its two Michelangelo frescoes The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgement.
Finish your tour with a walk around St Peters Basilica, the home of the Catholic Church. Admire more artistic treasures like Michelangelos La Pieta sculpture and Berninis Baldachino, and hear little-known stories about the churchs history. Head back to your coach and make use of a drop-off at your hotel or one of several central locations in town.
Full-Day Tour or Full-Day Tour with Lunch:
Upgrade to the Full-Day Tour to combine the Morning Tour with a Christian Rome walking tour in the afternoon. If you opt to include lunch, your guide will drop you off at a traditional restaurant in the center for a delicious 2-course meal with a drink.
Meet your guide at the pre-arranged time, and set off to see the Christian landmarks of Rome. Walk around Esquiline Hill, the largest of the ancient Seven Hills of Rome, and head inside the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore a lovely 5th-century church on the summit. After exploring inside, stroll to the Holy Stairs (Scala Santa) and stop for photos by Lateran Palace, an old papal residence.
Visit the Basilica of San Giovanni with your guide, and then continue walking along the Ancient Appian Way, a historical road that dates back to around 300 BC. The lane is home to several pretty churches and catacombs (underground cemeteries), and your guide will point out several of the best. See the Chapel of Domine Quo Vadis, and then visit one of the three famous catacombs: San Callisto, Domitilla or San Sebastiano. After exploring underground, visit the old spa ruins at the Baths of Caracalla, and then finish your tour with a hotel drop-off or a drop-off in town.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: Flexible
Departure Time :
Departure Details :
Meeting point Via Giovanni Amendola 32. , Alternatively you can request hotel pick up ONLY for centrally located hotels (please contact the supplier for further info).
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point. Alternatively, drop-offs are available at Via Veneto, Barber Arberini Square, Piazza Venezia, Piazza Cavour, Piazza della Repubblica, Termini Station and Termilan .. read more
OverviewEnjoy a morning or afternoon of Vatican splendor on a 2-hours skip-the-line tour of the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St Peters Basilica. Explore the Gallery of Maps, Gallery of the Tapestries and Giuseppe Momos spiral staircase, and admire iconic Michelangelo frescoes inside the Sistine Chapel. Want to see the Christian sights of Rome, too? Upgrade to a full-day tour to visit the Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore, Roman catacombs and more. A traditional lunch can also be included.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Professional guide
- Round-trip transport from Rome to Vatican City
- Skip-the-line Vatican entrance ticket
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks (if upgrade option not selected)
Know More about this tour
Morning or Afternoon Tour:
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
By pre-booking this tour it enables you to skip the long lines (which can take up to two hours) to enter the Vatican Museums.
Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
A dress code is required to enter the Vatican Museums and knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will be refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements
Do you cater to wheelchair users? Do you or the Vatican provide wheelchairs? This tour is NOT wheelchair accessible. For your information, Vatican Museums provide wheelchairs free of charge in the main lobby. You can easily pick one up after entrance, before starting your own independent visit. If you are looking for a guided tour with wheelchair access, we recommend booking our private tours so a guide can lead you through the alternate routes.
This tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties
Please note: If St Peter's Basilica cannot be visited because it is closed, you will spend more time in the Vatican Museums
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Underground Tour, Arena Floor, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour
- Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano: Entrance Ticket
- Private 4-Hour Tour of Colosseum & Rome Highlights with private vehicle & guide