Skip The Line: Vatican Private Tour - Rome
OverviewEnjoy the luxury, and undivided attention, of an experienced Private Guide. Skip the line and travel to the smallest Sovereign State and understand why it remains one of the worlds most influential and powerful states. Experience the history and splendor of St. Peters Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, and one of the worlds premier art collections, assembled over the centuries by generations of Popes and Cardinals. You will see works by Michelangelo, Raphael, Bernini and many other great masters.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourSkip the line and travel to the worlds smallest Sovereign State- you will understand why it continues to be one of the worlds most influential and powerfulcountries.Experience the history and magnificence of St. Peters Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, and one of the largest art collections on earth, enriched over the centuries by generations of Popes.
Join our private tour and explore the corridors, courtyards and rooms where the Popes lived, studied, and ruled. Each mural, tapestry and sculpture is much more than a beautiful object. For every artwork there are hidden stories of glory, intrigue, power, betrayal, death and piety that our expert guides will be happy to share with you. Entering the Vatican Museum is not just entering a museum, it is a passage through 2000 years of history.
Once inside, our expert guide will escort you through Raphaels Rooms, stopping to admire the famed Laocon Group, which has remained in the same spot for half a millennium.
You will then make your way to Michelangelos painted ceiling and his Last Judgment fresco in the Sistine Chapel. Your Tour will end inside St. Peters Basilica, where you will see works such as Berninis bronze canopy known as the Baldacchino, and Michelangelos world-famous Piet.
On this tour, among many other masterpieces, you will see:
St. Peter's Basilica*
Bramantes Belvedere Courtyard with the bronze Pinecone
The Laocon Group Sculpture
The Hall of Tapestries
The Hall of Maps
The red Porphyry Sarcophagi made for Emperor Constantines family
Youll see many more splendid works that could not be included in this short list.
*on rare occasions St Peter's Basilica might be closed without prior notification
Inclusions for Skip The Line: Vatican Private Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Private tour
Exclusions for Skip The Line: Vatican Private Tour
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant
- Best of Rome Walking Tour and Master of Pizza Class
- Shared Departure Transfer: Rome Hotels to Fiumicino Airport
- Holy Jubilee Walking Tour in Rome
- Private Half-Day Tour: Tivoli and Villa D'Este from Rome