Skip-the-traffic Subway Tour To Forbidden City And Summer Palace One Day Tour - Beijing
OverviewNearly 7 millions vehicles in this city, crazy rush hour make the traffic hardly move every day. Good thing is the subways system is very advanced in Beijing and most city hotels locate within 10 minutes walking distance to its station. Please refers to your hotel subway map before select this tour. Tour starts at emperor's former residence at Forbidden city and ends their royal garden at Summer Palace. A lots of history walk today including the walk from Forbidden City to subway station. Local lunch, subway fares, entrance fees to the Forbidden City and Summer Palace, a well English-speaking guide are included. Please be aware of though we start at non-rush hour time, it could be crowded too. Also this tour will involve in a lots of walking, it could be 5-6 kilometers (3.5 miles) long. Therefore, it's not good for kids or aged.
Know More about this tourTo avoid of busy crowds during rush hours. Our departure time will be at 9:30 in the morning (still a bit crowded too). By this time, your guide will meet you in hotel lobby. Then walk to the nearest subway station. First stop will be a station which locates near the Forbidden City.
Upon arrival, history telling first while standing in front of the magnificent Meridian Gate, which is the main entrance to the Forbidden City. Then follow the guide to go through the entrance with the pre-booked tickets. After you get into the Forbidden City, also called Palace Museum, you will be flooded by the tons of history from early Ming to Qing Dynasties (1420-1911). Our visit will follow the central line as the most important buildings were built along it. Morning tour ends at northern gate of Forbidden City, then followed by a history walk(1.5 kilometers) from royal palace to traditional Hutong area where we will enjoy a local lunch.
In the afternoon, catch the subway to the famous royal garden at Summer Palace. it's a place where the emperors and royal families to escape for the summer heat in ancient dynasties. Upon arrival, follow your guide to go through the back mountain to Kunming Lake and many palaces, houses, gardens with the atmosphere of stories and history. 1.5 hours tour in the Summer Place. Then head back to the subway station to take the ride back to your hotel. Lovely tour ends at around 5:30 pm at your hotel.
Please Note: You MUST provide your passport names and numbers correctly upon booking. On the day of visit, Please have all the passports with you.
Inclusions for Skip-the-traffic Subway Tour To Forbidden City And Summer Palace One Day Tour
- Subway fares
Entrance fees to the Forbidden City and Summer Palace
Experienced English-Speaking tour guide
Exclusions for Skip-the-traffic Subway Tour To Forbidden City And Summer Palace One Day Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not recommended for pregnant women
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 8-9 hours layover tour to Great Wall & Forbidden City
- 4-5 hours layover night tour in Beijing city
- Private Trip to Tianjin from Beijing
- Private Full Day Tour: Terra Cotta Army
- Private Full Day Authentic Local Markets and Spa Tour
- Full Day Private Authentic Beijing Tour
- Private Full Day Tour: Amazing Beijing Highlights
- Private 3 days Celebrity Cruise Tours