Skye - Glasgow
OverviewSkyeThis day long excursion takes us via Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle, beautiful Glenmoriston and onward through historic Kintail, the scene of a Jacobite battle. Past the Five Sisters Peaks and down into Lochalsh, we are soon over the sea to Skye, pausing for a photograph of Eilean Donan Castle and Loch Duich.
Know More about this tour
This day long excursion takes us via Loch Ness, Urquhart Castle, beautiful Glenmoriston and onward through historic Kintail, the scene of a Jacobite battle. Past the Five Sisters Peaks and down into Lochalsh, we are soon over the sea to Skye, pausing for a photograph of Eilean Donan Castle and Loch Duich.
Eilein a Che(Skye) is in itself a microcosm of all things Highland and indeed Scottish. On this one stretch of beautiful landscape, over 50 miles long but never more than a few miles wide, there can be found the modern day and ancestral homes of two of the great Clans of Scotland, The MacDonalds at Armadale and the MacLeods of Dunvegan.
Here too is the scene of a British Naval frigate with over 400 marines being sent to put down resistance by crofters. The marines were on the Island for some six months following the Battle of the Braes near Portree where during theHighland Clearances50 police dispatched from Glasgow to evict the people from their homes were challenged and seen off, mainly by the womenfolk.
Unique in political history this Island and the neighbouring Western seaboard returned 4 members of parliament to Westminster in 1885. They had no party affiliation other than they were all from the crofting community. Their determined collective spirit won them the protection of the Crofting Land Act in 1886.
Some of the oldest mountains in the world, the Black Cuillins are here, created by violent volcanic eruption millions of years ago. The lochs, in turn, a by product of the melting glacial bergs from the Ice Age.
Talisker, the Islands famous Malt Whisky, is distilled at Carbost.
We take a different route home over the Auchtertyre Brae with its panoramic views into Strathcarron down into Achnasheen, Garve and the Kessock Bridge.
Inclusions for Skye
- Live commentary on board
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup
- Hotel/port drop-off
- Live entertainment
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Skye
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Driver will pick up from your location and drop off at your required final destination.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Highland and Speyside Explorer Tour from Inverness
- Loch Ness Cruise and Urquhart Castle Visit from Inverness
- Loch Ness Sightseeing Cruise Including Visit to Urquhart Castle and Loch Ness Exhibition Centre
- Caledonian Canal and Loch Ness Sightseeing Cruise including Urquhart Castle
- Loch Ness Sightseeing Cruise Including Urquhart Castle
- Loch Ness Sightseeing Cruise and Visit to Urquhart Castle
- Cruise the Caledonian Canal, Sail on Loch Ness and View Urquhart Castle
- Cruise the Caledonian Canal, Sail Loch Ness and View Urquhart Castle