Slovenian Coast And Karst Region Day Trip From Ljubljana
OverviewFrom Ljubljana to the coast, there is a myriad of sights to see in Slovenia, and you'll visit some of the best of them on this small-group day trip from the Slovenian capital. Begin at the dramatic Predjama Castle before descending into the UNESCO-listed Škocjan Caves, one of the largest Karst caves in Europe. Then, marvel at the Lipizzaner horses in Lipica and, finally, relax on the coast in charming medieval Piran, where you can indulge in a fresh seafood meal or go swimming in the Adriatic Sea. Numbers limited to eight people, ensuring a more personalized tour.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourBegin with a pickup from your hotel in the capital. Then, learn about the history and culture of the places youll visit from your knowledgeable guide as you cruise through rural Slovenia in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle.
Your first stop is the dramatic and imposing Predjama Castle, which has been perched in a gaping hole in the middle of a 400-foot (123-meter) cliffside for the last 700 years. Learn about the history of the castle, including its most famous resident: 15th-century Erazam, a knight that some refer to as a robber baron.
From there, move on to kocjan Caves, one of the largest Karst caves in Europe and a UNESCO World Heritage site. The caves are considered one of the great natural wonders on the planet and are not to be missed. While there, enjoy some of the Karst region's prosciutto and a glass of local wine.
Then its on to Lipica* to commune with the towns famous residents: the white Lipizzaners, the famed horses from the Spanish riding school in Vienna.
After cruising along Slovenias 28-mile (46-km) coast and passing the seaside towns of Koper, Izola and Portoroz, stop in Piran. The charming coastal town boasts a warren of medieval lanes and intimate squares all snuggled right up to the Adriatic coastline. Enjoy a fresh seafood meal or go swimming in the ocean before hopping in the shuttle and heading back to your hotel in Ljubljana.
*Note: the visit to the Lipizzaner horses in Lipica isnot possible during winter (November to March) Horses are kept in the stables during the cold season and are not accessible to visitors during that time.
Inclusions for Slovenian Coast And Karst Region Day Trip From Ljubljana
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Slovenian Coast And Karst Region Day Trip From Ljubljana
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees to Skocjan Caves:
- 16 EUR / person (Jan., Feb., Nov., Dec.)
- 18 EUR / person (Mar., Apr., May, Jun., Sept., Oct.)
- 20 EUR / person (Jul., Aug.)
- Karst prosciutto and Teran wine tasting (approx. 6 EUR)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable clothing and shoes
Not wheelchair accessible
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.