Slow Boat To Pak Ou Cave And City Tour - Luang Prabang
OverviewLuang Prabang is the world cultural heritage city that Laos is so well known for. From its temples to its natural beauty, there is so much to explore within it that it would take days to experience it all. This tour will give you half a day in the city and will get you its most essential, vibrant temples and locations. The other half is spent on a journey to visit the famous Pak Ou caves and its surrounding villages
Know More about this tour07:30 - 08:15 am you will be picked up by our tour guide and driver with this 10 minute we arrive the port to get on the slow boat to Pak ou cave.
08:30 am Start cruising upstream along the Mekong river to in the minimum capacity. this time you will have chance to enjoying the scenery and daily life on both side of the river, in a bout 1.5 hour the boat will port at Ban Xiang Hai where you will learn about how the local people make the most famous Lao Lao wine and Hmong's Colorful Craft and clothes are also made here.
After visiting the Whisky village and weaving village we get back to the boat to continue a 30 minutes to visit Pak ou cave. the cave with more than 4000 status of Buddha, dating from more than 300 years in size and shape by the Lao people at night sailing to hide the enemy to hide the Buddha when the capital Luang Prabang foreign invasion.
Before, the king annually visits the grotto on Pimay (Lao New Year) and spend the night in a royal Luang Prabang City Tour temple at Pak Ou. People also rushed from Luang Prabang from Mae Nam Kong to Pak Ou pilgrimage, with a ritual of perfumed bathing Buddha.
From the lower cave up to about 200 stairs with thousands of Buddha statues, the statue is intact, the statue has chipped. There are huge Buddha statues, and there are also very small Buddha statues scattered throughout the temple.
After visiting the lower cave (Tam ting) and taking picture of the river from the uper cave (Tam Phum) we get down the the boat to cruise back to Luang Prabang city, the way back will be faster
12:30 Arrive Luang Prabang harbor, we will have lunch in a local restaurant
After the lunch we will start the city tour
13:00 Start the visit to our world heritage city with the following palace:
- Wat Mai
- The Royal Palace Museum
- The Wat Choumkhong
- The Wat Xieng Muan
- Wat Xieng Thong
- Wat Wisunalat
- Wat Kili
- Wat Sibounheuang
to finish the tour is to visit Wat Sen soukaram (Wat Sen)
Inclusions for Slow Boat To Pak Ou Cave And City Tour
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation Boat & Tuktuk
Exclusions for Slow Boat To Pak Ou Cave And City Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Luang Prabang Rural Farm Experience
- Private Tour: Kuangsi Waterfall from Luang Prabang
- Private Arrival Transfer: Luang Prabang Airport to Hotel
- Private Luang Prabang City Day Tour
- Private Tour: Cultural Experience in Luang Prabang
- Full Day Pak Ou Caves by Boat from Luang Prabang
- Full-Day Kuang Si Waterfalls Day Trip from Luang Prabang
- Half-Day Cooking Class in Luang Prabang