Slum Tour - MumbaiWrite a Review
OverviewWe are pleased to welcome you to witness the hidden treasures of Mumbai. Right from urban lifestyle space to small businesses, various activities are mushrooming up at Dharavi. Our special guided tours open up to various aspects of Mumbai with the vision of giving you unforgettable experience. Our two hours walking Dharavi Slum tours is emphasized on human spirits of working in any conditions
- Visit Dharavi and see why it is the heart of small scale industry in Mumbai.
- Visit the site where the movie Slumdog Millionaire was filmed
- Experience a wide range of business activities recycling, potterymaking, embroidery, soap factory, leather tanning, poppadommaking and many more.
- Witness the cultural diversity in the temples, mosques, churches and pagodas that all stand side by side.
- Unforgettable view of the tin hutments that house so many human lives
- Dharavi Slum tour can work wonders for all age group people
Know More about this tourWe are pleased to welcome you to witness the hidden treasures of Mumbai. Known to many as one of the largest slums in Asia, we prefer to think of Dharavi as Mumbais beating heart. Our 2.5 hour walking tour to Dharavi aims to give visitors a understanding of life and work in Mumbai slums.
Dharavi Slum was founded in the year 1882 during the British Raj yet remains to be iconic destination for the city lovers. At present it covers around 535 acres of area. Our friendly tour operators do ensure that everything is explained in detail and you dont miss out on any prominent spots.
Our friendly tour operators do take you the spot where Slum dog millionaire was actually filmed. The tour is primarily focused to reflect the income generating side of Dharavi and with the expansions breaking all the stereotype negativity. With more than millions of residents you will also witness the large periphery of diversity.
Our Dharavi Slum tours do also see to it that you also get to witness history making processes of large embroidery sectors engaging and employing women for their empowerment. Dharavi is also famous in activities like pottery, plastic and export quality leather goods. The indepth communication with the locals will give you a perfect trivia of their lifestyles.
Be prepared to experience the positive side of life in Asias largest slum Mumbais Dharavi district.
Inclusions for Slum Tour - Mumbai
- English Speaking Local guide
- Visit to various Home Industries
- Visit to Slum Market Houses
Exclusions for Slum Tour - Mumbai
- Transfers Transport
- Meals Beverages
- You will be picked up from the hotel and will be driven to Dharavi
- We Take you the spot where Slumdog millionaire was actually filmed
- On your arrival we will be taking you through the constricted lanes to have a reality check into the lives of slum people and their occupations
- See people producing leather goods, plastic goods, running pottery business etc
- Have a look at the grand recycling business of Dharavi
- Our friendly guides are also residents of Dharavi and this will surely enhance your experience.
- Guides will give you complete freedom of exploring every nook and corner with ease
Please wear modest clothing for women no sleeveless shirts, short shorts, or low tops
No Photography is allowed for the Dharavi portion of the tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days 72 hours of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.