OverviewGently shaken, never stirred. Choose small boats on the Snake River for a wild ride with bigger whitewater action. With eight passengers per boat, this raft trip is unforgettable. On a small boat, you can expect to get wet, no matter where you sit in the raft. Grab a paddle and get ready for a whitewater adventure on the Snake River. This raft has 6 paddling positions and 2 non-paddling positions.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourSmaller boats on the Snake River is a wild ride with bigger whitewater action. With eight passengers per boat, this raft trip is unforgettable. Grab a paddle and get ready for a whitewater adventure on the Snake River.
Small Boats… Big Action is a big adventure trip on the Snake River. With 8 passengers in a small white water rafting boat, you will really feel the whitewater rapids. All participants should be able to paddle on this trip. Your guide will rely on the passengers to power the raft so everyone should be physically fit and ready for a challenge. On a small whitewater rafting boat, you can expect to get wet, no matter where you sit in the raft.
This trip launches with our white water rafting boats from West Table Boat Ramp in the Snake River Canyon and winds its way south toward Alpine, WY. You'll travel 8 river miles from start to finish. There are about 8 sets of rapids, ranging from class I and II to class III. The smaller boat size on this trip makes for a more adventurous ride.
Your guide will be relying on you to provide power to the raft, so grab a paddle and get ready. Various river features will be encountered, such as Lunchcounter and Big Kahuna rapids, Million Dollar Fishing Hole, Gauging Straights and Bailing Straights. Your experienced Mad River guides are always excited to share the history of the area as well as information about the incredible local flora and fauna.
The Snake River Canyon is rich in geological history and your guide will point out some of the features that make this canyon unique. You may see river otters, osprey and bald eagles on your trip. A lucky few might even catch a glimpse of a mountain goat, a mule deer, an elk or even a grizzly or black bear.
This trip features our small white water raft. This raft is an AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 15'6" raft. This is an 8 man raft. There are 6 paddling positions and 2 non-paddling positions in this raft.
Inclusions for Small Boats With Big Action
- Professional River Guide
- Transportation to and from the river
- Paddling pants and jacket
- Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD)
Exclusions for Small Boats With Big Action
- Gratuities (it is customary to tip your guide and bus driver)
- Gear Rentals (wet suits, booties and jackets are available for rental)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option. You must wear footwear in the raft, so we do have booties available for rent if you do not have footwear. Sizes run 2 – 15 and can be rented upon arrival for $5.00 per pair.
Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
Conditions can be variable; you may experience a cold day on the river. (Not to worry, it will still be a lot of fun. You just have to dress appropriately!)
We have wet suits, wet suit jackets, and fleece jackets available for rent. Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets and fleece jackets are each $5.00 to rent.
Splash gear is complimentary. On a cold day, you’ll want a bathing suit to wear under the wet suit.
Bring a change of dry clothes, a towel, and a sweatshirt on the bus with you. It will be waiting for you at the end of your trip.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.