Small Boats With Big Action And Riverside Cookout - Jackson Hole
OverviewSmaller boats on the Snake River is a wild ride with bigger whitewater action. With eight passengers per boat, this raft trip is unforgettable. 8 miles start to finish, 8 sets of rapids!Enjoy a riverside cookout halfway through your trip at Mad River's riverside camp in the Snake River Canyon.
- Family friendly
- Ideal choice for families
- Dinner included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tour
Join us in the early evening for a whitewater trip and unique dining experience, as we serve you a riverside dinner at Mad Rivers exclusive river access only dinner site perched on the rivers edge overlooking the two largest rapids in the canyon. Enjoy the upper whitewater section, then pause for a delicious gourmet meal then hit the water again! Dinner is prepared by a professional chef on the river.
New this season: a professional chef has been added to cook meals for our guests on the river; something between a back yard BBQ and a high end riverside buffet. Our Executive Chef, Ty Hes, prepares a fresh, from scratch and ever changing menu at our riverside dinner site. Chef Ty has over 17 years of professional culinary experience in world class restaurants and is excited to be on the river cooking outdoors. The cuisine hails from the Low Country of Charleston, S.C., where Ty studied his craft. Our Chef brings a bit of the South to the Mountain West and the Snake River using fresh local ingredients. The menu changes from week to week but you can expect gourmet meals like Cornmeal Crusted Catfish with Spicy Red Pepper Remoulade , Curry Crusted Utah Steelhead Trout, Grilled Bavette Steak with Horseradish Cream served with Dutch oven buttermilk biscuits, Currant and farro "ragout", Honey Glazed Heirloom Carrots, Balsamic Grilled Asparagus and Mixed Berry cobbler. You can only get there by raft, so let us show you the finest dining in Jackson Hole.
Experienced guides will share the history of the area as well as information about the incredible local flora and fauna. The Snake River Canyon is rich in geological history and your guide will point out some of the features that make this canyon unique. You may see river otters, osprey and bald eagles on your trip. A lucky few might even catch a glimpse of a mountain goat, a mule deer, an elk or even a grizzly or black bear.
Best Suited For: This trip is best suited for guests looking for a unique experience above and beyond our standard whitewater trip, who are in no hurry and are easily motivated by food.Boat Type: This trip features our small raft. This raft is an AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 15'6" raft. This is an 8 man raft. There are 6 paddling positions and 2 non-paddling in this raft.
Inclusions for Small Boats With Big Action And Riverside Cookout
- Professional River Guide
- Transportation to and from the river
- Paddling pants and jacket
- Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD)
- Riverside Dinner - prepared by a professional chef
Exclusions for Small Boats With Big Action And Riverside Cookout
- Gratuities (it is customary to tip your guide and bus driver)
- Gear Rentals (wet suits, booties and jackets are available for rental)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option.
Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
Splash gear is complimentary. On a cold day, youll want a bathing suit to wear under the wet suit.
Bring a change of dry clothes, a towel, and a sweatshirt on the bus with you. It will be waiting for you at the end of your trip.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.