Small-Group Acropolis Of Athens And City Highlights Tour
OverviewSee the sights of Athens on a half-day, small-group tour of the city by minibus! With a friendly local guide, watch the Greek Changing of the Guard ceremony by the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and then travel past a collection of exciting Athens attractions including Panathinaikos Stadium. Continue to the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens for a walking tour around the ancient citadel and the New Acropolis Museum before wandering around the Doric columns and ruins of the magnificent Agora of Athens.Numbers are limited to 12 on this small-group tour ensuring personalized attention from a guide.
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourStart your tour with a hotel pickup from central Athens, and then travel into the city center by luxury, air-conditioned minibus. Your first stop is the Greek Parliament House in Syntagma Square to see the Greek Monument to the Unknown Soldier and to watch the daily Changing of the Guard ceremony. Have your camera ready to capture shots of the soldiers marching their synchronized moves, and then continue exploring the city.
Pass a cluster of top Athens attractions including the National Garden, Schliemans House, the University of Athens and the Russian Orthodox Church, and then head to Panathinaikos Stadium to see where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. After a quick photo stop, loop around the Roman Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrians Arch, and work your way to the UNESCO-listed Acropolis of Athens.
Hop out of your minibus for a stroll around the ancient citadel and ogle its collection of glorious monuments. See the Parthenon the temple dedicated to the Greek goddess Athena and gaze in awe at other ancient relics including the Erectheion, Propylaia, the Nike Temple and more.
After seeing the highlights of the Acropolis of Athens, follow your guide inside the New Acropolis Museum, an award-winning exhibition space thats ranked as one of the worlds top five museums. On your walking tour around the museum, browse its staggering collection of statues and artifacts, and admire well-preserved relics from the days of Ancient Greece.
If you are feeling hungry, grab some food at your own expense from the on-site cafe, and then continue by minibus past Mars Hill and the Rock of Ares (Aereopagus) to the Agora of Athens. The hub of Athens in ancient times, the agora is now a courtyard strewn with incredible ruins and Doric columns typical of the Classical era. See the Attalos Gallery and Temple of Hephaestus, and then work your way back to the start point where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for Small-Group Acropolis Of Athens And City Highlights Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees to Acropolis of Athens and the New Acropolis Museum
Exclusions for Small-Group Acropolis Of Athens And City Highlights Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.