Small-Group Afternoon Tour Of The Hippodrome And Hagia Sophia In Istanbul
OverviewA great afternoon tour to the history of two Empires ''Roman and Byzantine'' visiting the Hippodrome, Hagia Sophia, Basilica Cistern on a small group. Perfect choice for every Istanbul visitor.
- Family friendly
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourEvery visit to Istanbul is exciting and unique in its own way especially because the visitor always has the opportunity to touch history. Your adventure begins with a pick-up from your accommodation and then travel by coach to Sultanahmet. As you stroll along the Hippodrome that features historical monuments and where great events took place, you will become acquainted with Istanbuls rich Byzantine history. Here you will see the Column of Constantine which is 32 metres high and built of limestone blocks; an Egyptian obelisk from Luxor in pink Aswan granite; and the five metre bronze Serpentine Column brought to the empires capital from Delphi. Close your eyes and you will be able to hear the powerful voice of the emperor, the excited cries of citizens in the stands and the victorious shouts of the gladiator.
Next stop will be Hagia Sophia. It is a reminder of the fall of Constantinople, a painful thousand year history and is a symbol of the unbreakable faith of millions. Over centuries, emperors were crowned here and crusaders robbed their accumulated wealth. It is here that holy relics brought from all over the world inspired awe; that hatred and jealousy destroyed precious mosaics; that the faith was defended; and priceless icons were ruined. As you walk across the worn flagstones of this magnificent building you will feel its one and a half thousand year history. The four minarets were built during the Ottoman rule and serve as a reminder of the time when the Turks conquered Constantinople and created a great new city. To this day, Hagia Sophia tells us about the citys greatness and it remains at the heart of the Orthodox world.
Continue your walk to the Basilica Cistern, an underground reservoir completed in 532 to channel water from the Valencia aqueduct. The reservoir was not used during the Ottoman period and its restoration took place in the middle of the 19th century. Enjoy the atmosphere by listening your guide and do not forget to miss a chance getting the great shots of old city. You will finish your tour with a drop-off at your accommodation.
Inclusions for Small-Group Afternoon Tour Of The Hippodrome And Hagia Sophia In Istanbul
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Admission ticket
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Afternoon Tour Of The Hippodrome And Hagia Sophia In Istanbul
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
A maximum of 2 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Istanbul Sabiha Gokcen Airport Transfer by Private Mercedes Minivan
- Daily Bursa Tour from Istanbul
- Full-Day Edirne Tour From Istanbul
- Ephesus Tour From Istanbul
- Ephesus and Pamukkale Tour From Istanbul
- Daily Green Bursa Tour From Istanbul
- Istanbul Wi-Fi Access: On-the-Go Mobile Hotspot Device Rental
- Istanbul Wi-Fi Access and Digital Guide Tablet: On-the-Go Mobile Hotspot Device Rental