OverviewDiscover the best of Provence and combine culture and nature on this Aix-en-Provence and Verdon Gorge day trip from Avignon. Explore the Provenal towns of Aix-en-Provence and Moustiers Ste-Marie with an expert guide. Sample delicious French candy and gain insight into the ceramic trade for which the area is famous. Delve deep into the Verdon Gorge and marvel at soaring limestone peaks, then enjoy free time to swim in the lake and stroll along the beach. Your tour size is limited to eight to ensure a more personalized experience.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour by minibus
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourFollowing a morning pickup from your hotel in Avignon, meet your guide and hop aboard your air-conditioned minivan for the onward journey into the Provenal countryside. Bordered by the mighty Rhne River to the west, Italy to the east and the azure-blue Mediterranean Sea to the south, Provence is widely considered among Frances most charming and beautiful regions.
Travel first to Aix-en-Provence and wander the medieval streets with your guide. Admire 17th- and 18th-century architecture in the attractive faades of local houses evidence of the citys successful trading history. Head to a local bakery to sample a traditional French candy known as calissons, then enjoy free time to explore the towns Provenal market at your leisure.
Continue through the rolling countryside where, in the summer months, fields of purple lavender explode into bloom, then arrive in the hilltop town of Moustiers Ste-Marie. With the chirp of cicadas and the heady scents of rural Provence on the air, set off to explore the town with your guide. Moustiers Ste-Marie is built atop towering limestone cliffs and the panoramic views out over the landscape beyond are simply breathtaking.
Soak up the sunshine during a stroll through the town, known across the world for the quality of its traditional ceramics. Follow your guide to one of the towns ceramic workshops and gain insight into the production stages and traditional techniques from a skilled local artisan.
Drive onward beneath the soaring limestone cliffs of the Verdon Gorge and take in spectacular views on route. Listen as your guide explains the rivers glacial sources and details the reasons for its striking turquoise tones. Stop in the village of Sainte-Croix du Verdon and wander along the beach or bathe in the lake at your leisure.
When its time to leave, hop back in your minivan for the journey back to Avignon where your Aix-en-Provence and Verdon Gorge day trip will come to an end.
Inclusions for Small-Group Aix-en-Provence, Verdon Gorge And Moustiers Ste-Marie Day Trip From Avignon
- Hotel pickup
- Expert guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Calisson tasting
- Workshop visit
Exclusions for Small-Group Aix-en-Provence, Verdon Gorge And Moustiers Ste-Marie Day Trip From Avignon
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.