OverviewIndulge your taste buds with this chocolate and sweets small-group walking tour in Barcelona! Learn about the important tradition of pastries and chocolate in Spain as you visit different patisseries and cafs with your local guide. Explore Barcelona's main sweet locations, in the Gothic and El Born quarters, and enjoy six different tastings of a variety of Spanish treats, such as 'ensaimadas,' 'melindros' and 'churros'.This small-group tour, limited to 15 people, ensures youll receive personalized attention from your guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourTreat yourself with a delicious and unforgettable walking tour of Barcelona! Meet your guide in the gastronomic center that was created to offer new experiences to foodies and travelers visiting Barcelona. Here, enjoy a guided tasting of traditional Spanish sweets or chocolates all washed down with a drink.
As you discover different types of sweets and chocolates, your guide will explain how the sweets tradition in Spain started in monasteries centuries ago, when nuns would create elaborate homemade delicacies.
Next, follow your guide through the charming alleyways of the Gothic quarter, where most patisseries, chocolate shops and cafés are located, and where locals gather for a sweet treat. Learn from your guide how chocolate became such a big tradition in Barcelona and take this opportunity to taste some traditional cocoa.
Enjoy the blend of sweet aromas as you continue your tour toward the El Born district and the beautiful Church of Santa Maria del Mar.
Getting close to the end of your tour you will taste one of the very typical Spanish Christmas nougat, turrón. It has persisted in Spanish tradition for over five centuries and is considered one of the favorites Spanish sweets. Finish your tour with a visit to traditional bar which is popular among locals. Here you will taste Spanish hot chocolate accompanied by a churros.
Please note: tasting locations and food samples may vary according to season.
Inclusions for Small-Group Barcelona Chocolate And Sweets Walking Tour
- Gourmet walking tour with an English speaking specialized guide
- 5 stops with more than 10 tastings with chocolates, sweets and drinks
- Free WiFi at the meeting point
- All local taxes
Exclusions for Small-Group Barcelona Chocolate And Sweets Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum age for wine tastings is 18 years
Children under three years go free, but will not get any food tastings
Tasting locations and food samples may vary according to season.
Food samples may contain egg and nuts
Not wheelchair accessible
Please note: Supplier cannot provide food substitutions for vegans or any other food restrictions (such as gluten-free or dairy-free). Food Tours have been designed to highlight the best and most distinctive foods from each establishment.
Please note: If you are allergic to dried fruits or nuts this tour is not recommended since all chocolates contain trace of dried fruits or nuts.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada Familia Tour
- FC Barcelona Football Stadium Tour And Museum Tickets
- Barcelona Hop-on Hop Off Tour: East To West Route
- Montserrat Royal Basilica Half-Day Trip From Barcelona
- Tarragona And Sitges Small Group Day Trip From Barcelona
- Private Full Day City Tour In Barcelona
- Park Guell And Sagrada Familia Guided Day Tour In Barcelona
- 5-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville, Granada And Toledo From Barcelona
- Tapas And Wine Experience Walking Tour In Barcelona
- FC Barcelona Stadium Tour