OverviewThis 4-hour walking tour will take you to the most famous places and buildings in the historical center of Berlin. The tour is aimed at history enthusiasts who wantmore than just the average tour guide explanations. (Guides have degrees in History or Political Science). Visit the main places in central Berlinwhere world history was made during the 20th century, and see and experience how the places have changed over time. Learn more about how thehistorical events evolved and why they unfolded how they did. Discusswhat these events can tell us about the world today. Groups are deliberately kept small (maximum of 10), in order to encourage discussions and questions.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourSee the Brandenburg Gate and learn about the significance of the place. Walk around the Reichstag area, the Holocaust Memorial, the Topography of Terror Memorial, and the Checkpoint Charlie area and learn how the dramatic night unfolded when the Wall came down. Visit and see several other places maybe not as famous as the above listed, but not less interesting.
Walking at a normal pace, we cover the historical center of Berlin. During the walk, you will hear about the defining time periods in 20th century Berlin the imperial Kaiserzeit, the Weimar republic, the Nazi regime, the Cold War and the divided city, the fall of the wall and the reunification of Germany. Visit the most famous and important buildings and locations that embody the eventful history that had repercussions all over the world.
As the stories and explanations can sometimes go into detail, it is helpful to have a basic knowledge of modern history. Groups are kept small with a maximum of 10 people, in order to give everyone a chance to ask questions. Discussions are welcomed.
Inclusions for Small-Group Berlin History Walk Half-Day Tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Berlin History Walk Half-Day Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 10 people per booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.