Small-group Biking Tour Along The Nam Xuang And Nam Khan Rivers From Luang PrabangWrite a Review
It is said that Laos is the best on two wheels, and this 9-hour biking tour offers you an opportunity to explore the real Laos rural life. You will hop on a bike and ride along the Mekong, Nam Xuang, and Nam Khan Rivers through jungle-covered mountains, rice fields and villages accompanied by an English-speaking guide. You can also have chance to interact with local people and learn more about their daily life. This tour includes lunch and drinking water, along with hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourAround 8am, you will be greeted and picked up by a local tour guide at your hotel. You are then transferred to a bike shop to pick a mountain bike for your tour. The time in each destination of the tour can be flexible per your request, as long as it doesn’t affect the whole plan. The total distance you will cycle is about 31 miles (50km) with mixed on- and off-road. The riding level is considered medium.
You start the biking adventure by riding out of town along the Mekong River. After crossing the old communist bridge, you stop by a traditional village, XiengLek, which is widely well-known for making mulberry paper and weaving. You leave the village and continue riding along the Nam Xuang River through villages and scenic countryside landscape. Don’t forget to take photos of this beautiful and peaceful scenery.
Then, you finish riding on-road to start the next session of the off-road route. You will cycle up and down the hills into the countryside. You will cycle along beautiful vast rice fields and local villages such as Lao Leum, Hmong, and Khmu. You will have chance to talk with local people there, take photos with them and observe their daily activities.
Leaving these villages, you keep on riding along the Nam Khan River to the last destination of the tour, the beautiful WatPhonPhao, or the “Peacefulness Temple”. This Buddhist temple is located on a hill in the southeast of Luang Prabang and well-known for its huge golden stupa and an incredible view overlooking all of Luang Prabang.
After exploring the temple, you ride back to the bike shop and end the tour about 5pm.
Inclusions for Small-group Biking Tour Along The Nam Xuang And Nam Khan Rivers From Luang Prabang
- English-speaking guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off at hotels in Luang Prabang city center. Other locations are subject to availability and will incur a supplemental surcharge
- Quality mountain bikes
- Drinking water
- Entrance fees
- All permissions and taxes
- Safety equipment and life-jackets (child sizes available)
Exclusions for Small-group Biking Tour Along The Nam Xuang And Nam Khan Rivers From Luang Prabang
- Personal expenses
- Additional drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. Single traveler must purchase 2 tickets
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.