OverviewSeize the opportunity to witness Carpathian brown bears in the wild on this 3-hour bear-watching experience from Braov. Leaving at sunset, travel by minivan or car into the Carpathian Mountains, and, accompanied by a forest ranger, walk into the forests to a secure hide. Then, wait quietly to spot the beautiful brown bears that roam the woodlands. Look for youngsters, large males, and females with their cubs, and for other wildlife including deer, lynx and wild boar. Numbers are limited to a maximum six people for a personalized experience.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour
- Get up-close to native wildlife
Know More about this tourMeet your driver-guide/forest ranger in central Braov in the late afternoon and set off by air-conditioned minivan or car into the Carpathian Mountains of Romania's Transylvania region.
The areas forests are known as bear country and home to the wild Carpathian brown bear. Around 5,000 of these animals are believed to live in the dense forests, hills and mountain meadows, alongside other wildlife including lynx, wild boar, wolves and deer.
As you travel, gain fascinating insights into the brown bears, hearing how they can grow to enormous sizes, with some males reaching up to 770 pounds (350 kgs). Learn about their lives in the wild, and how their sharp sense of smell is vital in ensuring their survival.
On arrival, your forest ranger will escort you to one of the numerous, specially designed bear hides in a restricted area of the forest. After a safety briefing, set off with the experienced ranger, following a wooded path to the secure and camouflaged hide.
After roughly 20 minutes, arrive at the hide and settle in to watch for bears. Stay quiet and enjoy ample time to look for these magnificent animals.
Theres around an 80% chance of sightings, and you may be lucky enough to observe everything from large males lumbering through the trees to females playing with their cubs: it's an unforgettable experience to see them roam free in their natural habitat. Snap photos and watch for other wildlife such as boar, roe and red deer, and the game birds known to live here.
When your viewing time is up, walk back through the forest accompanied by the ranger and reconvene with your driver-guide. Your experience then ends with drop-off in central Braov.
Please note: The forest ranger accompanying you in the forest may carry a handgun for your protection in extreme situations.
Inclusions for Small-Group Brown Bear-Watching Experience From Brasov
- Professional driver-guide
- Round-trip transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
- Forest ranger escort in forest
Exclusions for Small-Group Brown Bear-Watching Experience From Brasov
- Food and drinks
- Photography tax if photos for professional use
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress warmly: sturdy, waterproof footwear and warm clothing recommended
Do NOT dress in bright colors
Do NOT use any perfume
Do NOT bring any food with you
Minimum booking numbers apply (2 pax). If you would like to join as 1 person please note that the price for 2 is be applicable
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.