Small Group: Cappadocia Red Full-Day City Tour From Istanbul - GoremeWrite a Review
From USD 480.77
Overview1 Day tour to Cappadocia from Istanbul, flying return to Kayseri, with a full day red tour of Cappadociaâs highlights.Â Explore the UNESCO-listed GÃ¶reme Open-Air Museum, where Byzantine monks carved their brightly painted churches and chapels into solid rock. Descend into the Devrent Valley to discover fairy chimneys and stones shaped by wind and water, then visit the stunning hillside towns of Urgup and Avanos before your return flight to Istanbul.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Airport transfer
- Lunch included
- Small-group tour
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourYou will be picked up from your hotel in Istanbul and transferred to airport for your flight to Kayseri or Nevsehir. After a short 1 hour flight you will be transferred to Cappadocia where you will meet your professional tour guide to begin your tour with a professional guide with the following stops
Devrent Valley: Devrent is situated on the northern slopes of Aktepe, 1km from Pasabaglari (Monks’ Valley) and 5 km from Avanos. The ruins at Devrent are spread over three valleys, which also house several pointed fairy chimneys with large stems.
Avanos: A center of terra cotta work of art since 3000 BC, it is a town where you will be invited to visit a traditional pottery workshop, which is possibly set deep into the hillsides. The clay, which comes from the Red River passing through the town, gives life both to the land and to the local economy.
Break for lunch at a traditional Turkish restaurant.
After lunch, continue your tour to:
Goreme Open Air Museum: Goreme was an important Christian centre in the early years of the Middle Ages, was a bishopric administered by Mokissos near Aksaray in the 11th and 13th centuries. Despite the vast numer of monasteries, churches and chapels in the vicinity of Goreme, there are not many inscriptions bearing dates. For this reason, these religious buildings are mainly dated according to the iconography or architectural features.
Uchisar: Uchisar is a troglodyte town situated right in the middle of Cappadocia. It is named after the enormous piece of rock in the center of the town, which was once used as a castle. This extraordinary rock is the highest peak of the area with the view of whole Cappadocia and Erciyes (Argeus) Mountain.
At end of the tour you will be transferred to Kayseri or Nevsehir airport for your late evening return flight to Istanbul. Upon arrival you will be picked-up from the airport and transferred to your hotel in Istanbul.
Inclusions for Small Group: Cappadocia Red Full-Day City Tour From Istanbul
- Round-trip flights
- Entrance fees
- Professional local guide
- Round-trip transfer
Exclusions for Small Group: Cappadocia Red Full-Day City Tour From Istanbul
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passport name and number is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.