OverviewDiscover Capri on a small-group day trip from Rome, led by an expert driver from Rome and expert local guide in Capri. After traveling from Rome to Naples, cruise to Capri in a high-speed boat, then enjoy a panoramic coach tour of Capri town and Anacapri village. Stop in at a limoncello shop for a taster of the popular Italian liquor, and then put your senses to the test at Carthusia perfumery. Enjoy free time to explore independently, and opt to visit the world-famous Blue Grotto (own expense). Numbers limited to 25 people, ensuring an intimate experience.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMake your way to the prearranged meeting point in central Rome, and then climb aboard your high-speed train and relax on the journey to Naples harbor. Along the way, stop to stretch your legs and recharge with a delicious breakfast (own expense).
On arrival at the harbor, swap your high-speed train for a gleaming high-speed boat that will take you directly to the island of Capri, around an hour away. Find a comfortable spot on board, then lap up the sea views as you bounce across the waves toward the island of Capri.
In Capri, meet your expert local guide and hop inside a private coach. With our private coach you will avoid the long queues for public transfers on the island. Listen to the entertaining commentary of your local guide and gaze out of the window as you travel through the pretty town of Capri and the hilltop village of Anacapri. Then, stop at a limoncello shop to learn how this quintessentially Italian lemon liqueur is made. You’ll also get to taste a complimentary glass.
Continue on to the Carthusia perfumery. Hear the legend of the 14th-century monk whose bouquet of wildflowers led to the creation of the island’s first perfume, and learn how Carthusia’s perfumes are produced by hand, using only local, natural ingredients.
After your orientation tour with your local guide, browse the charming boutiques, or purchase a tantalizing Italian lunch in a traditional restaurant as you soak up incredible views of the sunbaked Bay of Naples just across the water.
Alternatively, join in an optional tour to visit the world-renowned Blue Grotto (own expense). The cave is said to have sunk further into the sea since prehistoric times, blocking out most natural light. Rays entering from an underwater cavity combine with light from the caves’ only entrance, giving the water a magical vivid-blue effect.
When the time comes, join back up with your guide and board your boat back to Naples, where your high-speed train awaits for your return journey to Rome.
Inclusions for Small-Group Capri Day Trip From Rome
- Transport by high-speed train
- Transport by air-conditioned boat
- Expert local guide in Capri
- Limoncello tasting
- Visit to Carthusia perfumery
- Small groups of 22 people or less
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Capri Day Trip From Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance ticket, transfer and guide to Blue Grotto 30.00eur
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Please note that the boat journey to Capri will occasionally be affected by adverse weather and sea conditions. If you are sensitive to seasickness please take any necessary precautions before your journey
Please note that the visit to the Blue Grotto is available upon client request at a price of 30EUR. The service will be purchased on site and the only method of payment accepted is cash. The access to the Blue Grotto is always subject to weather conditions. Please note that if you opt for this service, you will miss part of the tour in Capri or Anacapri, depending on the time table for the Blue Grotto visits
Some sites visited have minimal shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing a hat, sunscreen and a bottle of water in warm weather
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.