Small-Group Castle, Canyon And Sparkling Wine Day Trip From Brasov
OverviewSee three highlights of Romania’s Southern Carpathian Mountains on this day trip from Braov. Travel deep into the mountains and visit Pele Castle, once a summer residence of Romania’s royals. Taste three sparkling wines and have lunch at the famous Rhein Azuga wine cellar, and then hike through forests to the epic Seven Ladders Canyon (Canionul Sapte Scari). Take the thrilling 15-minute canyon trek, climbing its steep ladders past rushing waterfalls, or wait at the base before a return hike through woodlands, meadows and glades. Numbers are limited to eight people to ensure a personalized experience.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your centrally located Braov hotel and hop inside your air-conditioned car or minivan. Then, journey to the town of Sinaia, home to Pele Castle. As you travel, discover how the castle was built for King Carol I of Romania in 1875 as a summer residence, and how its widely considered among the most beautiful in Europe.
After roughly an hour, arrive at Pele and having admired the fairy tale exterior, go inside with a castle guide. Explore some of the rooms and hear how they were fashioned to reflect decorative styles from places such as France, Venice and Arabia. View the medieval armor in the Armory Hall, visit the kings chamber with its Rembrandt paintings, and drink in the ornate mirrors, statues, murals and secret doors in some rooms its like exploring a fantasy land.
Next, continue to the Rhein Azuga wine cellar, the official sparkling wine supplier to Romanias royal court before Communism took hold. Take a tour to learn the secrets of the 19th-century production processes used here, and sample three of the delicious sparkling wines.
After lunch (own expense) at the cozy cellar restaurant, head to the Seven Ladders Canyon (Canionul Sapte Scari) in the Piatra Mare range, part of the Southern Carpathian Mountains. This stunning gorge is famed for its steep ladders that take you up the rock walls past a series of rushing waterfalls.
On arrival, set off along meadow and forest paths, reaching the canyon after a 45-minute hike. Then, opt to rest here or enter the rock chasm with your experienced guide.
Head inside, and spend the next 15 minutes or so crossing the bridges and climbing each of the near-vertical metal ladders that make up the gorge. As you go, enjoy thrilling close-up views of the tumbling waters and the towering rock walls around you.
After your trek, rejoin your group and choose between a 1.5-hour return route or a harder 2- to 3-hour trail, walking back through forests and glades to your vehicle.
After your hike, your tour ends back at your Braov hotel.
Inclusions for Small-Group Castle, Canyon And Sparkling Wine Day Trip From Brasov
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Transport by air-conditioned car or minivan
- Entrance fee to Pele Castle (General exhibit)
- 3 sparkling wine tastings
- Entrance to Seven Ladders Canyon
Exclusions for Small-Group Castle, Canyon And Sparkling Wine Day Trip From Brasov
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress warmly: Sturdy and waterproof footwear and rain jacket recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour from Brasov to The Ruins of Vlad the Impaler's Citadel, Vidraru Lake and Curtea de Arges Monastery
- Guided Bike Tour to Mount Postavaru from Brasov
- Full-Day tour Transfagarasan road and Poienari Fortress from Brasov
- Transfer from Brasov to Bucharest with Hotel Pick-up
- Castles Tours from Brasov
- Bran Castle and Rasnov Fortress Tour from Brasov with Optional Peles Castle Visit