OverviewCentral Park is the most visited urban park in the United States and one of NYC's most popular tourist attractions. What better way to enjoy this unique city oasis than by taking a fully guided walking tour? Created in 1857 by famed architects Frederick Law Olmstead and Calvert Vaux, Central Park is home to some of New York's most beautiful landmarks. Enjoy an informative small group tour that will help you navigate this 843 acre wonderland in the middle of the city.
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYour tour begins in Grand Army Plaza in Central Park South right across the street from the famed Plaza Hotel. Learn about how and why the park was created and the obstacles that the builders faced in this huge undertaking. As we we make our way into the park, we pass the Central Park Zoo (recently featured in Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them), and the Wollman Rink.
See the Sheep Meadow (and learn if sheep really grazed there) and visit he world famous Tavern on the Green. Stroll into the heart of the park and visit the Bethesda Fountain and Terrace, The Boathouse, and Belvedere Castle. Parade through the beautiful Shakespeare Garden and learn about the Delacorte Theatre as we walk past the lake (where you might even spot turtles during nice weather). Stop and see Strawberry Field, a memorial to John Lennon and snap a photo of the Imagine Mosaic. As we work our way out of the park, we end the tour at The Dakota, a luxury apartment built in 1884 and the former home of Lauren Bacall, Leonard Bernstein. Judy Garland, and John Lennon.
Inclusions for Small Group Central Park Walking Tour
- Local guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Small Group Central Park Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Audio Guide (translates the tour)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If canceled because of dangerous weather, you will be given the option of an alternative tour date or full refund
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
We reserve the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond our control.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- 9/11 Memorial And Ground Zero Walking Tour With Optional 9/11 Museum Upgrade
- World Trade Center Tour With Optional 9/11 Museum Ticket
- 2-Day Niagara Falls Tour From New York By Bus
- Big Apple Helicopter Tour Of New York
- Chinatown Walking And Food Tour
- Hell's Kitchen Walking And Food Tour
- WindowsWear Fashion Window Walking Tour
- Greenwich Village Walking And Food Tour
- Shop And Shuttle Woodbury Commons New York
- New York Craft Cocktail Tour Best.Day.Ever.