Small-Group Combo Tour: Arlington National Cemetery And The National Museum Of American History - Washington D. C.
OverviewLearn about the history of America through its most prominent national cemetery and museum during this all-encompassing combo excursion to the Arlington national cemetery and National museum of american history. On this 5 to 5.5 hour small group walking tour, our local guide will discuss American history and shed light on why these DC landmarks are so important.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
Start at the Arlington National Cemetery, a sobering reminder of the realities of war. Its a beautiful tribute to over 400,000 service members and their families buried there. Learn about the more famous tombs, like those of President John F. Kennedy or of military genius General William Sheridan. Well even explore a few surprising graves, like that of famed boxer Joe Louis. The cemetery is even home to memorials commemorating the disasters of space shuttles Columbia and Challenger.
Along with a few carefully selected residents like Audie Murphy, your engaging guide will take you to the Tomb of the Unknowns, you may even witness a Changing of the Guard ceremony. Walk these hallowed grounds to learn how the home of Robert E. Lee, whose Arlington House well visit, became one of the countrys largest national cemeteries.
After a break for lunch, follow your guide to the National Museum of American History. From a ragtag group of colonists to one of the worlds super powers, the United States has made quite a name for itself. The National Museum of American History traces this path through a unique collection of objects including the actual banner that inspired the countrys national anthem. Learn about the first president, George Washington, while viewing his sword and discover how Hollywood has helped shape this country when you check out Dorothys ruby red slippers. Visit the extensive collection of first ladies gowns to the Greensboro lunch counter that embodies the Civil Rights Movement. This tour will help you to understand the exciting and oftentimes controversial history behind this vast country.
Highlightsof this tour combination generally include:
Tomb of the Unknowns
Gravesite of John F. Kennedy
Arlington House, home of Robert E. Lee
George Washington's Sword
The Star Spangled Banner
First Ladies Gowns
Dorothys Ruby Red Slippers
Inclusions for Small-Group Combo Tour: Arlington National Cemetery And The National Museum Of American History
- Semi-Private Walking Tour & Museum Tour
- "Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Available Daily At 10Am
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Lunch Break)
- Tour Will Run, Rain Or Shine
Exclusions for Small-Group Combo Tour: Arlington National Cemetery And The National Museum Of American History
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Notes: American History Museum and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private City Tour with Driver Guide Up to 12 people
- Abraham Lincoln's Washington Walking Tour
- National Mall Memorials Backstory Walking Tour
- White House and Lafayette Park Walking Tour
- Total DC Tour: American Art & DC Unveiled
- Small Guided Tour National Gallery of Art Renaissance to Impressionists
- Big Bus Washington DC Night Tour
- The White House as an Office Walking Tour